overall
RATINGS: 991   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
It has a cinnamon and ginger spice flavor, a rich copper color, and a medium body that will fit with any holiday meal.

brewmaster420 (6) - Canton, Ohio, USA - FEB 20, 2008 does not count
My favorite of their seasonal beers. It sells out the quickest too... go figure. This is the perfect winter beer. Had it on tap at the brewery and that was amazing. Wish I hadnt of drank all the backups or Id have one now.

smprochak (23) - Washington, USA - JUN 5, 2009
I give this one a very high rating because it is the perfect Christmas Ale. I look forward to getting this every winter. The flavors and spices are a great combo.

braxto (2) - Ohio, USA - OCT 22, 2009 does not count
Best. Beer. Ever. People come from all around the country for this stuff. Clevelanders who move out of state beg for me to send it to them. This stuff is amazing, why is it not rated higher?

mcnealc31 (258) - Elida, Ohio, USA - JAN 18, 2011
This is the beer that first turned me on to holiday spiced ales. It’s elusive, you’ve got to pick it up when you see it because it likely won’t be back. It smells of honey and spice and pours a deep orange, almost copper. It tastes of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, with a subtle honey finish. And at 7.5% ABV, it’s holiday cheer in a bottle! Without a doubt, one of my favorite beers and I can’t wait until next holiday season for it.

daenan (1) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - NOV 24, 2011 does not count
Christmas in a bottle. You can immediately smell the cinnamon and ginger. The taste is a nice balance of sweet from the spices and honey, and the bitterness of the hops. This is the best beer for the holidays and if you can get it on tap, it’s amazing.

WillyB88 (2) - Amherst, New York, USA - DEC 6, 2011 does not count
absolutely the best holiday beer out there! The spices are just right and fit into any holiday meal perfectly.

TheJackalope (30) - Georgia, USA - DEC 16, 2011
This is my favorite beer in the entire world. There is just nothing quite like it. The way it travels across the pallet, touching your sweet and bitter notes simultaneously, is unmatched. The temperature recommendation is important. Great Lakes is by far one of the Premier Micro Breweries in the country. They put a lot of knowledgeable effort into your beer drinking experience, and you owe it to yourself to take their advice. Wonderful Beer.

rygjones (4) - Ohio, USA - JAN 30, 2012 does not count
This is an Ohio favorite, so good they can’t keep it on the shelf. Dark hoppy, yet sweet

Volsconti (21) - - APR 21, 2012
The best beer on the market, bar none. Referred to as "Christmas Crack" by the locals for both how people act when it is released and how fast you get tippsy. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Kal853 (1) - Ohio, USA - NOV 1, 2012 does not count
I’m drinking the best beer I’ve ever had in my life. Great Lakes Christmas 2012 ale just came out today, and it is one of the tastiest things I have ever put in my mouth. So many amazing flavors, I don’t know where to begin! The aroma and taste is of thick honeycomb, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, fruit cake, sugar cookies, apple cider, pumpkin, and tons of other indistinguishable, pleasant holiday flavors. It clings to my tongue like warm honey, and pricks my taste buds in all the right places. The flavors are intense and fresh, and the aroma quickly fills up my nose with a wonderful effervescence. There are so many overlapping flavors and aromas, it’s hard to keep track of them all. But everything blends nicely into a single, complex tapestry of happy sensations. It really screams Christmas. I’m a diehard, hardcore Belgian ale devotee, but this beer does fruits and spices better than any Trappist quadruple I’ve ever had. If you’re looking for a clean, uncharacteristic beer that just tastes like beer, this is not for you. If you want to experience a delicious, high quality, seasonal refreshment, I cannot recommend this enough.