overall
RATINGS: 989   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
It has a cinnamon and ginger spice flavor, a rich copper color, and a medium body that will fit with any holiday meal.

hopasaurus_rex (109) - Surprise, Arizona, USA - DEC 23, 2011
Pours a nice copper/orangish color. Very little head. Aromas of cinnamon, honey, cloves...just a sweet smelling beer. Taste is delicious. Sweet and malty at first that fades off to a real "herbal" flavor. Slight hop bitterness at the very very end. Overall one of my favorite Christmas beers.

awatson22 (2) - - AUG 17, 2013 does not count
The ultimate winter beer and probably my single favorite alcoholic beverage of any kind. Deep taste, great aroma and at 7.5% BVA it doesn’t take many to get you in the Christmas spirit. 20/20

tcochran88 (1) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 2, 2014 does not count
This is the best Christmas ale on the market, it is robust yet easy to drink. The notes of cinnamon are not overpowering.

red91 (3) - North Olmsted, Ohio, USA - NOV 8, 2004 does not count
I have had this beer the last several years. Great Lakes newest bottling in 2004 is good but not one of there better ones. Besides the price, the beer is a classic when it comes to celebrating the Christmas season. The 2004 bottling is lacking in the bold spice of nutmeg and overpowering honey finish. Overall Great Lakes put out another solid product.

giventofly (10) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2005
First off, Gotta love the 7.5%. It seems that this beer changes slightly from year to year, and I remember 2003 being much tastier than this year’s offering, however, it remains my favorite Great Lakes offering, and I can’t wait ’til Christmas!

zsk (3) - USA - FEB 13, 2008 does not count
This is a fantastic brew. Spices come thru, but don’t over power the malt and hops. Cinnamon and honey are prevalent.

craigo19 (4) - Michigan, USA - JAN 12, 2010 does not count
The smell and taste of the various spices makes this a very special beer. This is one of the best Christmas beers on the market.

Pjh1469 (1) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - DEC 6, 2011 does not count
This beer is amazing!I am lucky to live in Ohio because every Xmas season we have this wonderful beer.Very limited,store/bar owners fight and complain to supply it to there needy customers.I work for a beer distributor and I’ve never seen anything like it. This beer has a red tint and an un-usual white head.the aroma is great...like a ginger cinnamon honey blend.The flavors explode in your mouth upon first sip,like I hear time and time again...."it’s like Christmas in your mouth".I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s clearly one of the best beers I’ve ever had,my friends,family and myself are hooked on it.

novels (424) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 13, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 8, 2012 Stupendous seasonal ale- herbal pine on the nose with a hint of roasted malt. Super taste with well hidden alcohol, espeically considering the booze content in this one. Light amber colored pour with a thin, white head. Snag this one while you can.

BrewIPA (93) - Rochester, New York, USA - NOV 20, 2012
One of the best ales I have had in a long time. This is my new favorite winter beer. A wonderful balance of cinnamon and honey. A hearty ale for the holiday season! Great job Great Lakes. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone