overall
RATINGS: 993   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
It has a cinnamon and ginger spice flavor, a rich copper color, and a medium body that will fit with any holiday meal.

boccefloyd (101) - Bon Air, Virginia, USA - DEC 11, 2010
I think it must just be me. I don’t particularly care for beers with cinnamon and ginger. All was good for me, except the taste. The beer poured a deep copper with a small, but lasting, off-white head. It was clear. It smelled of sweet caramel malts with cinnamon and ginger thrown in. The spices were not over-powering in the nose. Medium body with some bitterness and a balanced finish. Tasted like the aroma, and as I said up front, I don’t particularly like cinnamon and ginger in my beer.

Elkas (220) - Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 17, 2010
330ml bottle from a friend. Reddish pour, with a thick head. Smells nice, lots of spices. Nice spicy flavour, with lots of body, and a bit sweet in the finish. Very nice.

JK (6329) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - DEC 22, 2010
Copper color. I am surprised this is rated so highly in the style. It is good. Very little aroma at all, some coriander, spices, and alcohol. No alcohol in the flavor, but there is quite a bit of nutmeg. Dry finish. It is a good beer, but not top-of-the-style good.

hypn0toad (267) - Maryland, USA - NOV 25, 2011
Yummy, a more mild christmas beer. Not too sweet like many xmas beers which can get annoying. pairs nicely with a gimgersnap

ICEatALAMO (1355) - Troy, Michigan, USA - NOV 28, 2011
Bottle. Aroma screams of christmas time, the cinnamon, ginger, and spices definitely come through. If you like Christmas Ale’s this one is probably one of the better ones that I have had.

drfabulous (8662) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 4, 2011
12 ounce from Liquor Barn. Sweet. Sugar. Spiced. A balanced xmas that does not go fruitcake in spice. Decent.

TomTiedemann (249) - Levittown, New York, USA - DEC 16, 2011
On my 3rd day of Xmas my cross country trip brought me to Youngstown, Ohio. I went to winston’s tavern and had this delicious local treat. Slight cinnamon flavor and as per notes a dark copper color, light head on tap. Great treat before I get back home, sorry write up isn’t too beer oriented just ready for NY

agl108 (1307) - Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 21, 2011
On draft. Poured clear amber with light khaki head. Sweet, spicy nose. Starts with sweet caramel flavor and finishes with subtle cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg spice.

durhambeer (2585) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - FEB 20, 2012
Admittedly, I’m rating from memory, but I had pitchers of this back in 2007 and I remember it well... at least the first part of the evening. Pours a darkish but still bright amber with a light beige head (not too much of one). Nose is like a malty amber with added honey, ginger, cinnamon, and other vague spice notes. Not overbearing, and a decent balance for this style. It was a good night.

kathouse (1940) - LAS VEGAS, Nevada, USA - SEP 3, 2012
Pours a deep amber. Lots of carbonation forms a modest foam that leaves good lacings around the glass. Aroma has some ginger but the cinnamon is subdued and replaced by more of a phenolic smell. Sweeter and less spicy than anticipated. Good mouthfeel leaves a bitter taste on the palate. Drinkable beer however not the Christmas ale that was expected.