overall
RATINGS: 944   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Medium bodied and well hopped with dry, fruity aftertaste, this monumental India Pale Ale honors the hero from The War of 1812 who battled the enemy on Lake Erie.

cathcacr (647) - Oregon, USA - AUG 8, 2007
Abundantly hopped with milder hops which means greater quantity more spread out and less acute. The effect is an IPA that I can’t for the life of me distinguish from the brewery’s own Burning River, which I probably have overrated.

b33r (875) - Ohio, USA - AUG 1, 2007
Gold in color with medium white head and nice lacing. Typical IPA all around- hoppy with strong grapefruit flavors. A bit more bitter and dry than some other IPAs I’ve tried.

stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 1, 2007
Bottle sampled. Pours deep golden with a good size off-white head. Aroma of citrus, fruit, and piney hops. The flavor is sweet, fruit, caramel, citrus, and a piney bitterness in the finish. Good brew.

BabyJoe692 (109) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JUL 31, 2007
Almost no aroma. Otherwise a tasty beer. A good hop bitterness, but didn’t overpower the malt character.

Goldorak (438) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 31, 2007
Golden clear elixir with a sturdy, pearly white head.
That starchy, potato -like hoppyness that I often find in IPAs was definately there at first, it then turned into lawn clippings mixed with pine needles. Not bad.
Medium to light bodied, although it did show some cookie crispness. The hop bite is a bit harsh with a bone dry finish that sort of throws off the balance somewhat, I tend to like my IPAs a bit more malty. It did eventually grow on me as the hoppy flavors saturated my tastebuds and the acridness of the aftertaste slowly diminished. I wouldn’t drive 100 miles for this Beer, but I wouldn’t mind if my local pub had it.

Illini08 (542) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 30, 2007
Picked up a sixer of this at Binny’s in Naperville. I’ll start out by saying that if I had never drank one of these side-by-side with a FFF Alpha King, I probably would have rated it higher. That being said, I have done a side-by-side and AK rocked the socks off of this brew. On to the rating though... Transparent amber colored pour with a 1-finger fluffy white head. Predominately floral hoppy aroma. Citrusy flavor, light malt backbone. Very well done IPA (it’s just not quite an Alpha King)

tramp55555 (61) - Lisbon, Ohio, USA - JUL 30, 2007
An excellent beer withall the qualities a beer should have. Words cannot describe beer made like this one. If you want an accurate review of this beer, buy some. You won’t be sorry.

JLAudio (282) - Crestwood, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2007
Very solid IPA. Just had it for the second time and for some reason it was much better than the first time. Solid hop aromas and flavors throughout, with mainly Simcoe, Fuggles, and maybe a little PNW hops. Different IPA for the main reason that its a blend between English Style and American Style....Solid brew

jmikolich (1477) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - JUL 19, 2007
@ Beer School @ GLBC, 12oz bottle, pours nice with some Simcoe and Fuggles hops.. very nice IPA, spot on for what i like, although the brewery says this is actually 8% ABV, a delicious brew

AllAboutStout (605) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 18, 2007
Another great brew from a great brewery. Pours a golden color with a minimal head. Smell is slightly hoppy. Taste is bitter hops. A very refreshing beer that is quickly becoming my summer staple to have in the fridge. The alcohol is completely hidden so be careful with these.