overall

RATINGS: 1750   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Complex, roasty aroma with a bittersweet, chocolate-coffee taste and a bold hop presence.

higgsbison (261) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 22, 2017
A wonderful Porter. Smooth, medium bodied, Nice complexity. Perfectly balanced bitter sweetness. Soft carbonation. Notes of strong black coffee and unsweetened cocoa. I love this beer. This time it was more difficult to drink too intense and bitter. I did have it rated 4.6 But I am going to knock it down to 4.0 until trying again Right now I am drinking a Fullers London Porter and I notice the Edmund Fitzgerald is very similar it just amps up all the characters of fullers I've had this a number of times now. I love this beer. I notice I never mentioned it is better as it warms up a bit, It really Mellows and smooths out. Bumped it back up to a 4.5 July 2017. Yum August 2017 this has been my go to beer lately ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

beern (177) - Alabama, USA - JUL 28, 2017
Pours jet black and opaque with a tan head with good retention. Tastes of oak, malt and coffee. It’s medium bodied bodied with moderate to lively carbonation.

Appl044 (1) - westfield, New Jersey, USA - JUL 27, 2017 does not count
If you are into porters, this is among the best. Deep palate, hints of coffee and roast. Dark color.