overall
Formerly brewed at Great Lakes Brewing (Ohio)
Style: Saison
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 182   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
Formerly Hale Ale: A fragrant saison blended with coriander, lemon balm, chamomile and lemon basil, some of which were sustainably grown on our "Pint Size Farm" at Hale Farm & Village.

beerchugger (717) - North Canton, Ohio, USA - JUN 18, 2011
Pours a hazy yellow with a thin white head. Smells of spices of cinnamon, clove, coriander, lemons, and grass. Coriander overwhelms the palate with cinnamon, clove, lemon grass. The fiinsh is rather spicey.

weihenweizen (4098) - Charleston Area, West Virginia, USA - JUN 16, 2011
Refrigerated bottle poured into a shaker. Taste was herbal and lots of chamomile. I don’t really like this one.

Thorpe429 (5122) - , Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2011
Reviewed from notes. Poured into a tulip. Pours a hazy yellow color with a bit of a light apricot hue. White head that doesn’t persist for long. The nose is...whoa. There is a lot going on. It’s all a bit too much and I don’t think everything comes together at all. I get some lemon, tea, flowers, chamomile, grass, and a bit of grain. The taste worsens this as there is a weird sort of bitterness from all these earthy, plant-like flavors. Feel is a bit astringent. In the end, I really did not enjoy this. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 11-13-2010

MbpBugeye (39) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 24, 2011
Wow, just wow. I was stoked to find this awful tick in my friends fridge. Bottled 11/19/10. I had this when it was fresh but I didn’t review it. Also back then I didn’t know anything about saisons. A- This is a pretty dark saison. Deep amber red. Short head with slouchy lacing. S- Weird. Butter, toffee, salt, pepper, hay and a weird funky earthiness. T- A mish-mash of damp spices and mold. A strange butteriness comes in toe with cheese. This finish is bizarre and alarming. M- Very, very dry. I need some water.

b33r (881) - Ohio, USA - SEP 24, 2010
Light gold color with small head. Aroma and flavor are pretty weak, but still have nice light hoppy and bretty notes with some faint fruitiness. It’s okay