overall
RATINGS: 581   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Cleveland’s celebration of Oktoberfest dates to the mid 1800’s when German immigrants gathered at outdoor beer gardens like Haltnorth’s and Kindvater’s St. Clair Gardens. Our amber lager with rich malt flavor and noble hops honors Cleveland’s diverse cultural heritage.

ThisWangsChung's rating

ThisWangsChung (836) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - SEP 17, 2013
12 oz bottle into a pint glass. A: Pours a golden amber color. About two fingers of a fluffy, barely off-white head is featured. Retention is surprisingly good for a lager, and there’s plenty of lacing left behind, too. S: I’ve never had a marzen that seemed this juicy before. The aroma is more reminiscent of fruit punch (or perhaps a good apple cider) than it is the bready caramel sweetness typical of the style. The hops give off nice notes of grass, apricot, and peach. Aromatically, it’s probably as good as a marzen gets. T: A touch of the caramel-y sweetness does appear initially, but the real star of the show is how juicy it seems to be - and how much of that juiciness seems to come from the hop profile. Apricot, apple, peach, and pineapple make up the bulk of the flavors around the middle, with some bitter hoppiness finishing it off. M: It has a fairly light body, with a rather wet finish. Normally, I’d prefer a drier beer, but since the flavors are so good, I don’t care. Carbonation is middling, which I like. O: This is unusual. Why? Because it’s not a marzen I want to chug - it’s a marzen I want to savor. How Great Lakes crams so much fruity flavor into their lagers, I’ll never know. I’d put this up near the top of all the oktoberfest beers I’ve ever sampled. If my last review said I wouldn’t have minded getting a six pack of the beer in question (ST’s 2XRYE), then I’ll state in this I kind of wish I got a six pack instead of a single.

balloonbuffoon (605) - - NOV 13, 2017
12foz bottle, BOD: 11.16.2017, $1.75 single, pint glass. Appears copper in color with a fine particles and a head that is thin.Toasted, dried leaves, and light butterscotch notes represent the aroma/flavor profile. The body is a heavy medium, so this is a bit of a meal in itself kind of beer. Fair and balanced.

PubMaster11 (1) - St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA - OCT 25, 2017 does not count
I have tried 15 Oktoberfest beers this year and this is the best! Well balanced and smooth. Excellent!

djd07 (15544) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 23, 2017
Bottle at GABF. Pours a hazy orange with medium off white head. The aroma is bready malt and spice. Thin body, dark fruit, earth, rye, light finish, decent.

Evolutionary (525) - Ohio, USA - OCT 22, 2017
Tap and bottle while at kalahari resort. Malty and just enough sweetness to balance. Ether than most Oktoberfest brews but not my fav style. Full bodied and full of malt. Toasty and roasty.

ctipping (2233) - Florida, USA - OCT 18, 2017
12 oz. bottle. Amber body with a small white head. Smells of bread and caramel with a hint of corn. Tastes bready, then a little bit of toffee, and then bready again. Back end spikes with a malty aftertaste. Medium light. Decent and easy to drink, but lacks a little something to make it interesting, even for a Marzen.

unclefrito62 (352) - Stow, Ohio, USA - OCT 14, 2017
12 ounce shared bottle. Copper/bronze in color Thin white head. Your can smell the malt. Beautiful appearance. Malt in a taste and smooth. This is a wonderful marzen and one of the beers of this style you can get.

scarletfire65 (1507) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 30, 2017
Draft at Hax in Chicago. A very good marzen with bread, sweet malt, booze, toast. The finish is slightly dry. Perfect chilly weather beer.

higgsbison (268) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 21, 2017
Malt forward. Notes of bread, coffee and grass. Not my favorite Oktoberfest but I enjoyed it Sorry, I had to upload these old ratings. They were for me, not for uploading. And also I need 75 characters, hence this sentence. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

chinchill (5315) - South Carolina, USA - SEP 21, 2017
12 bottle into a glass. Pours with a clear copper body topped by a good head. Fine aroma suggests something sweet and alcoholic. Smooth medium - full body. Toffee notes in the fine flavor. Overall: Quite satisfying.

ffaoe (917) - Moorestown, New Jersey, USA - SEP 15, 2017
moderate malty aroma. amber and clear in color with huge long lasting head. taste is richly malty of caramel and faint toffee notes