RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Our silver anniversary isn’t about gold medals. It’s about 25 years of passion and heart. Silver & Gold IPL represents our past and present, from original brewmaster Thaine Johnson’s Dortmunder Gold recipe and engineer Charlie Price’s vision for our Brewhouse to our ever-growing family of beers. Silver & Gold IPL is for our neighbors who’ve shared pints and stories, for the fans who’ve challenged us to be exceptional from day one, and for us-a bottled reminder of how far we’ve come. Brewed with a complex blend of American hops and a mixture of specialty malts, Silver & Gold IPL is bold yet well-balanced, dry yet refreshing. With respect for tradition and a nod to the future, we toast to the next 25 years.

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
Drink by 8/31/13 and poured into a "Perfect Pint" on 8/2/13. Appearance: Looking like a beer-beer. Amber with a very, very slight haze -- nearly crystal clear. A couple fingers of a soapy, mild tan head. Decent lacing. Smell: More than likely only because I’m being told it uses the same yeast as Dortmunder Gold, it smells a lot like that, but with a significant addition of hops. Also hay-like characteristics that make it pilsner-esque. Taste/feel: Hm. Well, first off, the front of the tongue is a few flavors that took me awhile to put a finger on. I came to the conclusion that it’s a sort of Play-Doh with alcohol. The back of the mouth is where the hops are, with a mild pine note, and sweetness plus bitterness. The taste of alcohol is there throughout the whole sip, and there’s even a touch of warmth. Being only 7.5%, I wasn’t expecting to feel anything, let alone this much of it. S&G IPL has a nice body to it, with a mild carbonation. Pretty easy drinking. Well, I don’t know all of my scores off the top of my head, but this is probably my second least favorite GLB beer (Just behind -- or ahead? -- Lake Erie Monster). It’s far from a bad beer, but I’m not sure what to make of it. It smells like an IPA (and a pilsner. And Dortmunder Gold.), but it tastes of dough and alcohol. I’m strangely compelled by this one. Pretty solid, and worth trying, but I won’t exactly miss it once it’s gone.

crajun (1259) - , Texas, USA - OCT 1, 2013
For a non ipa guy like me this is a good alternative. Caramel grapefruit alcohol flavor light gold pour. Taste is grapefruit and hops. Don’t love it but drinkable

blankboy (7788) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 29, 2013
Bottle [12oz]. Pours a deep copper-gold with an average size lasting frothy white head. Some minimal lacing on the glass. Aroma is a little vegetal, kind of like peas, along with grassy hops, citrus hops, grain, bready malt and some fruit. Interesting flavour, grassy and citrusy and a little spicy along with bready malt, grain and a long bitter finish. Medium bodied. An enjoyable beer.

BVery (11222) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - SEP 22, 2013
Bottle. Very slightly hazy orange golden pour. Small frothy head. Sharp grassy hop with grainy malt. Decent.

gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 22, 2013
Nice IPL. They dont label it as a pisener but i think that is the the better description as it it is on this site. Somewhat flat with a bit of lacing. Good bitter hop flavors and stickiness on the palate.

hopdog (12953) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2013
12oz bottle. Poured a clear golden color with a smaller sized head. Aromas of grass, hay, grains, and some citrus. Tastes of grass, some bread, and citrus. A lighter honey sweetness in the finish.

ThisWangsChung (836) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - SEP 17, 2013
10 oz into a tulip at Capital Ale House in Fredericksburg, VA. From notes. A: Pours a clear copper color. While there isn’t much head at all - only a half finger of off-white colored head, if that - it tries its damnedest to retain itself well. Surprisingly plentiful lacing is left down the glass. S: Not much here, sadly. Some grassy hops, a touch of fruitiness, and maybe some caramel malts. Devoid of flaws, but unimpressive. T: This starts off with a huge wave of grassy, spicy hop bitterness. Afterwards, it transitions into an almost fruit punch-like sweetness. A slight hop bite returns to dry the finish up somewhat. I’m really loving the fruitiness (seemingly typical of their lagers), a shame it’s overly bitter at times. M: It’s about 5% heavier than I like my lagers, but like I said, dries out on the finish quite nicely. Carbonation is medium-high. O: If it weren’t so bitter, it might be among the better lagers I’ve ever had. As it stands, it’s still a good hoppy lager, but bring your bitter tooth.

carlb (107) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - SEP 13, 2013
Deep golden, brilliant pour with 1.5 inch creamy, off-white head. The initial nose suggests citrus, malt, and biscuits. Rich palate with medium-full body and extended hop and malt notes. Floral hops and a slight hint of soapiness. Modest carbonation. The head has settled to 1/8 inch, leaving beautiful Belgian lace. Well balanced malt and hops on the palate - some spiciness. The ABV is not noticeable. Fresh.

milewide (2304) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 13, 2013
Fine malts gives this beer a slightly sweet flavor and rich mouth feel. Hops are more average. Clear amber color with modest head.

pineypower (3347) - Ocean County, New Jersey, USA - SEP 12, 2013
Bottle from Roger Wilco. Pours out a nice clear orangy/golden color with a white head. Aroma is of wet grass, honey, over-ripe fruit and wet bread. Taste is sweet, bready malts, floral/grassy hops, honey, light sweetness and a touch of alcohol on the finish.