overall
RATINGS: 73   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 11   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
In honor of the huckleberries that grow wild throughout the Flathead Valley, we unveiled this summer brew in the spring of 1996. A combination of 75% Western pale malted barley, 25% malted wheat, Cascade hops and wild huckleberry juice from the Flathead Valley, were used to create this highly drinkable, thirst-quenching lager. A delightfully unique fruit beer, this pale summer brew combines the crisp, dry refreshment of a light lager with a subtle, tart hint of huckleberries that is neither sweet nor overpowering.

Cavie (4718) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JUL 11, 2017
Bottle. Slightly hazy golden color. Light. Bubbly white head. Berry fruit aroma. Blueberry and other sweet fruit. I've never had a huckleberry so I can't speak to that. Sweet flavor. Berries. Light grain. Sweet finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

JPDIPSO (6223) - Wauwatosa, USA - JUN 27, 2004
Cloudy straw color with a modest (soft peak egg white) head. Fruity aromas dominate - I assume huckleberries (not being learned in huckleberries). I detect the aromas of blackberries with only a hint of wheat. OK... huckleberry flavors (again, tastes like blackberries). Nice light undertones of malt and a mild clearing acidity. Actually rather pleasant fruit brew. Light mild fruit linger.

Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - AUG 7, 2002
A fruit beer for people who do not like fruit beers. Not a girlie beer at all. Do not try this beer if you do not like huckleberries. Very true to the commercial description. No syrup, doesn’t tase like syrup. A very good beer, that just happens to contain fruit.

muzzlehatch (4959) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 9, 2004
12 oz bottle, courtesy of Slikwily & Rastacouere. At first I thought, "Wild Huckleberry" what the hell? But... looks like a Wit, bright orange and hazy. Nose very fresh, strong berry presence but also vanilla and citrus. Flavor fruity, acidic, fairly full bodied for a lager, nice tart finish. I'm not blown away, but it was certainly a nice surprise (thanks again guys!) and an above average fruit beer.

AdamGott (386) - Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA - AUG 18, 2009
I love the fresh huckleberry aroma that pours off of this beer! Pours a cloudy strawish yellow. Nice fruit/beer ratio, nearly perfect and I have always thought that huckleberries are just about the best fruit that can be paired with a wheat beer.

dekester1 (366) - Town of Maple Creek, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 5, 2010
Poured a hazy gold with a nice tight head that remained throughout. Aroma showed malt with a hint of berry fruit. The taste began with a fruity berry opening, moved to malt, and finished off with mild hops. Mouthfeel was nice and smooth. Overall, a nice, smooth fruity wheat beer. Too bad I can not get any more in WI.

Prufrockstar (2132) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - AUG 17, 2014
Bottle from the Rising Sun general store in Glacier Nat’l Park, but I didn’t get to drinking it until just now in our hotel room in Great Falls. Feel like I gotta drink it before I leave the state. Pours pale gold with offwhite head. Aroma of wheat and huckleberry juice. Taste is very much the same. Wheat beer mixed with huckleberries. Not overly sweet, though, and finish is of lightly toasted wheat and gentle bitterness. Light body, lively carbonation. Thirst-quenching. Overall: Can’t say I’d order this often, but under the hot Montana sun it makes a compelling case.

Desverger (11455) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUL 28, 2015
[email protected] - Clear yellow pour with white head. Aroma and taste is prominent fruity, light grassy hoppy, wheaty, nice.

keepersj12 (3117) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - JUL 22, 2016
Very light in color with no hint of blue makes me wonder if this is an extract berry. The aroma is lite, mostly sweet malt. The flavor has just a bit of the berry. Very nice and refreshing. Nice brew ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

lightbias (453) - USA - AUG 25, 2014
Bottle purchased at Glacier Park Trading Company, poured light lemon with a fizzly, thin white head. No lacing at all, very wet, soft foam. The aroma is a subtle berry under a heavy malt curtain. This could have more of the fruit coming through; I enjoyed the flavor at first, but yeast comes in like a bulldozer and wipes out the berry accents. I really enjoyed them up front and am missing them entirely the further I get into the glass. Although I don’t believe that this is a bad wheat lager, I don’t believe it’s a very good fruit beer. For a hot summer day with a group of friends hanging at the river, this would be a good choice. For a taster or a nice meal, I would pass.