Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95/5   IBU: 26   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
Loosely translated, this ’Happy Smoke’ Scotch Ale is sure to cheer folks up as the days grow shorter and the air colder. Served entirely on cask, this full-bodied, smoked scotch ale comes complete with caramel, roasted, and subtle smoke notes in the aroma and on the palate. We used one of our favorite malts, Briess’ Cherry Wood Smoked malt to extract the smoked character. Note there will not be cherry flavor, rather a subtle smokiness created using cherry wood.

Most RecentTicked By

JK (6254) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - JAN 25, 2013
Cask at the brewpub, 10/18/12. It looks identical to the Figgy Stardust I just had. Light smoke aroma. Flavor is sweet malt with light smoke and earth. The more I have, the more I like it.

BVery (11239) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - NOV 10, 2012
Tap at the brewpub. Deep amber pour with a frothy cream head. Smoke and cherry wood dominate this - quite good. I’m digging it.