overall
RATINGS: 1516   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.86/5   IBU: 101   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
"San Diego-style IPA, as it has come to be known by many, is a super-hoppy, high gravity, yet highly quaffable ale. Green Flash Imperial IPA is created in this new tradition, with intense hop flavors and aromas from a unique blend of Summit and Nugget hops. It’s all about the hops!" -- Brewmaster Chuck Silva
101 IBU

Foxbush (2029) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 19, 2007
THis was great experience. A well balanced IPA. The IPA poured with a very white frothy head and a cloudy golden color. The intense hops flavors lingered with a slight bitterness. This is good example why I like IPA’S. It is hard to drink lagers after having one of these.

pinkzambia (1931) - Boise, Idaho, USA - DEC 18, 2007
Tap: Cloudy pale gold with a sticky full head. What is interesting about this one is that it is like drinking a cup of cold, herbal hop tea. There was a taste of ripe veggies and other earthy notes. The aroma is sweet hops and a little of the tea thing as well. Creative and enjoyable once you get used to it.

tyler_mn (1475) - SLP, Minnesota, USA - DEC 18, 2007
220z bottle from FlacoAlto. Very "green" aroma. Fresh cut wet grass, mint, cilantro, bell peppers. Quite unique for a IIPA and very interesting ... a double IPA without any "C" hops. I like it! Nary an oily pine or bright citrus note. Rather, very floral and (as odd as this sounds) fresh outdoors smelling. Pours light, clear copper with a thick, creamy head leaving excellent lacing. Flavor mirrors the nose in the fact that there are loads of fresh and earthy notes. Lots of mint and grass. Hints of spruce. Damn. This is one hell of a unique unique imperial IPA. Silky smooth. Good and not overbearing carbonation. A very unique and compelling IIPA.

JDUB (178) - Venice Beach, California, USA - DEC 14, 2007
pours a slightly hazy, orange body with white fluffy head that so far exemplifies quality head retention and lacing. Smells like a softly sweet fruity cream candy (think those starburst ones with the "fun" swirls). The flavor is consistent. velvety texture going down. This is great. buy it, try it and rectify yo’ soul...brother! (sing it, it sounds better, trust me - i’m not crazy, or am I....? only time will tell)

sinkr (323) - Odenton, Maryland, USA - DEC 14, 2007
Pours thick head on top of a body of slightly opaque amber. Has a wonderful floral and hoppy aroma and a bitter finish that sticks around longer than a lot of beers I taste. Leaves a very pleasant aftertaste on the my palate. A worthy IPA for sure!

shp555 (2024) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 11, 2007
Pours a hazy copper orange color color with a white head. Aroma is caramel and resinous hops. Flavor is light on the malt with a piney resinous bitter hop finish.

madcow75 (426) - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 11, 2007
Bottle. Pours hazy gold with a frothy white head. Great hoppy aroma, grapefruit, pine, resin, terrific. Taste is more of the same intense hops. Mostly pine in the taste. Not much in the way of malt, a little unbalanced, but I like it that way. Good bitter finish that lingers. I like.

Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 11, 2007
Poured a deep deep copper-amber with a medium to wispy white head. Dominated by resinous piny hops aroma and chewy malts. A bit cloying in the finish with waves of palate bruising bitterness. Not well balanced, but right up my alley. I still prefer the regular GF IPA to this one.

Doon (109) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - DEC 8, 2007
Wow...what an aroma..I thought someone lit a doobie...the hop aroma was WAY OUT THERE. Almost was too strong...golden pour, medium head, sour taste, but very enjoyable! This miight be one of my first Imperial IPA’s. Not sure.... I’d definitely recommend this to all my IPA loving compadres!

clingman71 (297) - Centerville, Ohio, USA - NOV 26, 2007
Bottle, purchased while in Cali. Pours an orangish amber with slight whitish head. Citrusy aroma, but a little lacking, but most IIPAs seem this way to me, especially compared to aromatic IPAs. Big malt backing to an agressively hopped ale, wonderful. This was an excellent and very drinkable IIPA, enjoyed very much, but I can’t get it in Ohio. One of my favorite styles, and this one did not let me down.