overall
RATINGS: 1248   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 149   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Palate Wrecker was originally brewed for the Hamilton’s Tavern 2nd Anniversary celebration. It’s the most complicated West Coast–inspired IPA we have ever brewed—mashing and sparging with hopped wort, in addition to our hop layering regimen for IPA. We use almost 6 lbs/bbl of Columbus and Centennial hops to create this very bitter hop monster (tested at 149 IBU and no extracts in case you were wondering). By popular demand, it is now released for the world to enjoy (even though this beer isn’t for everyone, only the real hop heads!!!). Cheers! - Chuck Silva - Brewmaster - Green Flash Brewing

dhunter151 (590) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - APR 7, 2013
Tasted at Battle of the Brews. Nice hop aroma. Very hop forward. Hop bomb. Extremely bitter. Citrus and pine notes. I liked it lot but not something I could drink a lot of. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - APR 6, 2013
Damn and blast. I was served this bottle out of a fridge that was just too cold. I cradled the poor little bugger and tried my best to breathe some life into it, freezing my hands and gently coaxing its potential out of it. I’ll be honest and say that once up to a bit of temperature, it had a good pungent niff of resinous Pacific NW hops. The rich golden body and slightly greenish tinge to the head indicated a level of hopping that should have verged in dangerous. There was plenty there upon closer inspection but not nearly to the ruinous level that I expected. Big and bitter with citric oils and chewy maltiness, I did enjoy this beer but felt that I had been cheated out its glory. I would have preferred it at room temperature but I was satisfied... just not wowed. I must come back to this beer someday.

rxeight (3332) - Illinois, USA - APR 5, 2013
Decent stuff. Like the name says. Very bitter. Slight floral and citrius.

bs476 (81) - - APR 2, 2013
Alcohol overwhelms me. Very aromatic: rich hops, viscous, but where is the subtly? Seems like high alcohol creates the environment for high hopulation but a little too normal... ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

JohnGalt1 (1721) - Boise, Idaho, USA - APR 1, 2013
Small bottle picked up tonight at the COOP for about $3... Poured into my HotD tulip... Long lasting white head with fantastic lacing atop a clear light orange brew. Huge resinous hoppiness coats the nose hairs. Piney with some tropical fruit notes... Very west coast. Huge grapefruit on the palate with a little bit lesser pine.... just enough pale maltiness to deliver the hops... pretty damn bitter. Super stoked we are getting Green Flash into Boise.

mcrae19 (65) - - APR 1, 2013
12 oz. bottle. Served in a snifter. Pours a medium caramel color with a white head. Citrus, spice, and herbs on the nose. Grapefruit flavor, through and through—but with enough sweetness to prevent this 149 IBU monster from becoming a mere hop bomb. A solid brew from GF that I look forward to having again.

hombrepalo (1972) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 1, 2013
Bomber from cardinal liquors Niles. Excellent aroma of pine, grapefruit, pineapple, and caramel/bready malts. Absolutely delicious blend of all of those aromas in the flavor department as well - the balance here is extraordinary. Yes, the hops are there for sure, and boy do they stick around, but this is not a one-note by any means. Great hoppy IIPA.

Huhzubendah (3775) - Washington DC, USA - MAR 31, 2013
On draft at Churchkey in D.C. The beer is light golden and clear with a soft white head. The aroma brings a potent dose of hops, light citrus and pine, and alcohol. Upon my first sip I decided this beer is aptly named. Massive hop character does indeed assault the palate. Alcohol presence is rather forward, and steers me clear of a second helping. This is decent, with some nice things happening, but I prefer a more elegant showcase for the hops, instead of being bombarded with an intensely hoppy alcohol bomb. Personal preference perhaps, but I feel this is middle of the road (or a slight step above) for a DIPA today.

dimenhetfield (2554) - , Florida, USA - MAR 30, 2013
12oz bottle poured into glass. Hot damn!! This is one awesome DIPA. Hops abound from every direction. Nice balance between the hops and malts as well.

SpringsLicker (3685) - Tennessee, USA - MAR 30, 2013
Clear gold with a tall, sticky white head. Fresh grapefruit, pineapple and pine resin aroma. Assertively bitter but smooth with plenty of malt support. Pine resin, citrus. Nicely complex flavor. Well done IIPA.