overall
RATINGS: 1258   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 149   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Palate Wrecker was originally brewed for the Hamilton’s Tavern 2nd Anniversary celebration. It’s the most complicated West Coast–inspired IPA we have ever brewed—mashing and sparging with hopped wort, in addition to our hop layering regimen for IPA. We use almost 6 lbs/bbl of Columbus and Centennial hops to create this very bitter hop monster (tested at 149 IBU and no extracts in case you were wondering). By popular demand, it is now released for the world to enjoy (even though this beer isn’t for everyone, only the real hop heads!!!). Cheers! - Chuck Silva - Brewmaster - Green Flash Brewing

maxwelldeux (4374) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - JAN 19, 2013
Draught. Pours an amber color with a moderate white head. Nose and taste both have some strong hoppy bitter elements to them, yet the beer ends up being super smooth and well-balanced. One of the better IIPAs I’ve had.

tricyclist (1125) - Florida, USA - JAN 19, 2013
I think I liked this one more last time I had it. Fresh from the keg, snifter pour of healthy amber with faint of white head. Nose is straight hops and bitterness. Flavor is obscene.. Just too much, too overwhelming. No balance, and while I somewhat enjoy drinking it, it’s not as spectacular as I remember.

Emeister84 (2478) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 18, 2013
Very juicy hop aromas redolent of grapefruit, tangerine, nectarine, pine, and herbs, with lighter scents of caramel malts. Appearance is deep orange-red, with an off-white head that fades quickly. Very bitter. Medium-full bodied with refreshing carbonation, some spice, and a lingering bitter finish.

TheHopBuddha (5) - - JAN 17, 2013 does not count
They call it a palate wrecker, but I personally love the mouth feel and balance of this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

thomas15 (689) - Alabama, USA - JAN 16, 2013
Sweet citrus with some combating earthiness and spiciness. Red brown in appearance and completely see through, has light tan head leaves sticky lace. Taste is bitter with rind and distinct citrus and grapefruit. A touch of heat and a bit of spiciness. To me this is top notch. Resinous and sticky, t his has a medium to light mouthfeel.

trumpetskid (106) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 16, 2013
Pours amber with a decent white head. Good lacing. Smells of piney, resinous hops, and a strong sweet malt presence. Taste is bitter piney hops, and some malt. It lives up to it’s name. Not much nuance here, but I think you probably knowing what you’re getting when you buy this one.

BeerBaboon (2083) - FINLAND - JAN 15, 2013
Pours hazy orange with white head. Aroma is fruity, hoppy and piny. Flavour is insanely bitter with fruity-notes. Crazy beer.

DedicatedToFun (4000) - Santa Monica, California, USA - JAN 13, 2013
Overall super strong IPA that ruins your palate as they say but beautifk overall ebjoy

xarcadia (44) - California, USA - JAN 12, 2013
Hoppy, skunky aroma. Bright taste. It was my second favorite in a recent Imperial tasting (after Lagunitas Hop Stoopid).

thicksuds (449) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 12, 2013
This is about as much hops as you can squeeze into a beer, i like it, but its a little over done IMO, I appreciate the hop, but that is pretty much all it is, and its so intense the hops lose a bit of their flavor. Still solid, I am sure many out there like it, just not a home run for me.