Pizd (435) - Merseyside, ENGLAND - APR 13, 2013
3.3 AROMA 4/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 13/20
(Keg): A nice medium brown with a small, thick and creamy white head. Lots of lacing. Not much of an aroma at all but the taste was a great balance of flavours, sweet but not overly-so with a bitter hop finish. Silky smooth mouthfeel.
Stumbled upon it in a pub in St Helens, not easy to come by anymore.
mike_77 (5864) - Breda, NETHERLANDS - SEP 1, 2011
3.5 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 14/20
A light brown colour and creamy head. This is a bitter that has a great balance of flavour, neither too bitter or too sweet. A perfect session bitter. Sadly only available in keg nowadays but still much superior to the mainstream nitro-keg bitters.
DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - JUN 25, 2011
3.2 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 13/20
1. Cask Handpump at the White Bear, Knutsford 10/04/2001
A hint of a citrus taste.
2. Cask Handpump at the Old Crown, Northwich 10/06/2001 Smooth on the palate with a bitter finish.
3. Cask Handpump at the Green Dragon, Northwich 26/06/2001 Mid brown coloured smooth and creamy on the palate.
4. Cask Handpump at the Old Crown, Northwich 29/06/2001 Mid brown colored and a little bitter with hop finish.
5. Cask Handpump at the Green Dragon, Northwich 03/07/2001 A little sweet on the palate.
6. Cask Handpump at the White Bear, Knutsford 26/11/2003 Mid brown coloured smooth on the palate and fruity with a slightly bitter lasting hop finish.
7. Cask Handpump at the Old Crown, Northwich 02/05/2004 Amber golden coloured smooth on the palate and hoppy with a slightly dry malt finish.
8. Cask Handpump at the Old Crown, Northwich 02/05/2004 Amber golden coloured smooth on the palate and hoppy with a slightly dry malt finish.
undercurrent25 (2053) - Barnton, Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 26, 2011
2.6 AROMA 3/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 5/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 11/20
Been drinking this for years but itís hard to come by now, the beer has a creamy and smooth taste with a very bitter aftertaste and palate, an acquired taste I think