overall
RATINGS: 68   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%

BAMF (78) - Albion, Michigan, USA - DEC 20, 2013
Pours with way too much carbonation possible issue at brewery as this is a second style with the same issue. Muddy orange cloudy in color. A very nice but brief aroma of spice and fruit and fresh floral. Heavily hopped and dry. Not an explosion of flavor but light fruit and finishes with a heavy pepper and long. Not drinkable out of the bottle. The wait after the pour is not worth the experience.

rumproasts (5359) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 14, 2013
bottle. Deep golden with two finger head. Overcarbonated. The hops are mid-level, but combined with the carbonation, this is just a really harsh pale ale. I recall this being much better on tap.

wmubronco1992 (709) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - OCT 13, 2013
Bottle. No info given on the hops, but based on dates and number of ratings I’m assuming this is the one. Bottle says 5.9%. Pours amber. Very large frothy off white long lasting head. Fruity aroma. Bitter piney flavor with tough of caramel sweetness. Makes me sneeze like an IPA. Dry finish. Lingering bitter mouth feel. Not really a big pale ale fan, but I’ve enjoyed the other Greenbush beers I’ve had so picked this 6 pack up when I saw it. A bit different then some of the other pales I’ve tried. Overall enjoyable.

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2013
Appearance: Very good looking. A hazy orange color with no visible particles. About a finger or two of creamy head put this beer in my pint glass perfectly. Lacing’s quite good. Smell: Man, I just... can’t really describe this one. Definitely a lot of sweetness. Fruity characteristics that I just can’t pinpoint. The smell is very solid and inviting though. Taste/feel: It drinks like most pale ales ... super easy drinking, nothing inoffensive... not super flavorful, but this one is more interesting than a lot of other pale ales I’ve had. Really nothing but a bunch of creaminess on the front of each sip without much flavor, but spicy floral notes come in the aftertaste with a bit of caramel malt. There’s a tinge of bitterness, but it’s mild (only 40 IBUs on this beer). The mouthfeel on this is quite pleasant, but it’s almost too thick for a pale ale. Extremely smooth, but almost too much so. Carbonation is good here, though. Maybe it’s just my batch, but this is a damn good pale ale. I don’t normally complain about having a beer having a silky mouthfeel, but it’s a bit too much on this one. This is a sexy looking pale ale that’s above average for its style in taste and aroma. Since they use different variety hops in every batch, it’s doubtful you’ll taste the same beer I just did. I expect Closure to be rather inconsistent with its scoring due to this fact. Based on whatever hop variety was in this beer, Closure gets a + rating from me. I just wish I knew what hop was in this particular batch, as it’s one that I don’t think I’ve had much of, but would like to.

daknole (11049) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2013
Deep gold pour, white head. Much sweeter than I expected. Apple juice and hops. Meh.

AWISLguy (3109) - Wisconsin, USA - AUG 10, 2013
Bottle from Binnys singles rack - nothing at all on the bottle to distinguish the hops used; while this is the only one which mentions bottles of the hop varietals, my personal take would have had this as more of an East Golding/Fuggles one. That being said ... this pours an unclear copper with an off-white head leaving spots of lace. Aroma has fruit, pine and tangy spices and herbs. One of the smells is a bit off-putting and plastic-y. Taste is of malty sweet toffee, fresh (pineapple?) and citrus fruits, biscuits and resin. Medium bodied. Slightly sticky. Finishes longish and more bitter than sweet, which is surprising as the citrus component is minor until then. Have had very good Greenbush stuff, and mediocre Greenbush stuff. It is the type of small brewery that would be great to see succeed, but their stuff needs to be superior to this ...

RespertFTW (521) - Michigan, USA - AUG 4, 2013
I think this is the right one? Bottle. Huge white head. Tons of carbonation. Floral bitter flavor. Ok but not one I will likely buy again.

callmemickey (4543) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2013
Orange-amber colored body, medium sized off-white head, soapy lacing. Lightly-sweet malt drives the flavor profile and is rounded out with soft citrus and floral hops. Medium bodied, moderate carbonation, a bit too sweet and malty. Ok.

wlajwl (6814) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - JUL 22, 2013
Aroma is tropical fruit/lime, malts and a hint of sugar. The flavor is tropical fruit, definite hop resin notes, fruit, malts and a very dry/bitter finish.

crossovert (12934) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2013
Bottle. 5.6% Lemon-lime nose. Flavor isfloral, slightlyperfumey, ample bitterness, nice.