overall
RATINGS: 69   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%

gonzosauce (196) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - FEB 22, 2013
Bottle to glass. How do you know which hop variety each bottle is?; I made my best guess based on GB’s website. Aroma is strong: soft flower, almost lavender. Big, beautiful, fluffy head. Floral, but very reserved flavor. Sweet in a way I have not experienced, but very much enjoy. I’ve had many on tap but this is my first GB bottle; man is it good to be able to bring this home!

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2013
Appearance: Very good looking. A hazy orange color with no visible particles. About a finger or two of creamy head put this beer in my pint glass perfectly. Lacing’s quite good. Smell: Man, I just... can’t really describe this one. Definitely a lot of sweetness. Fruity characteristics that I just can’t pinpoint. The smell is very solid and inviting though. Taste/feel: It drinks like most pale ales ... super easy drinking, nothing inoffensive... not super flavorful, but this one is more interesting than a lot of other pale ales I’ve had. Really nothing but a bunch of creaminess on the front of each sip without much flavor, but spicy floral notes come in the aftertaste with a bit of caramel malt. There’s a tinge of bitterness, but it’s mild (only 40 IBUs on this beer). The mouthfeel on this is quite pleasant, but it’s almost too thick for a pale ale. Extremely smooth, but almost too much so. Carbonation is good here, though. Maybe it’s just my batch, but this is a damn good pale ale. I don’t normally complain about having a beer having a silky mouthfeel, but it’s a bit too much on this one. This is a sexy looking pale ale that’s above average for its style in taste and aroma. Since they use different variety hops in every batch, it’s doubtful you’ll taste the same beer I just did. I expect Closure to be rather inconsistent with its scoring due to this fact. Based on whatever hop variety was in this beer, Closure gets a + rating from me. I just wish I knew what hop was in this particular batch, as it’s one that I don’t think I’ve had much of, but would like to.

Cbuk1013 (248) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAY 6, 2013
Bottle didnt tell me which variety. Big problem on the brewery’s part. So I’m guessing a bit. Pours beautiful color. Smells of flower, springlike. Tastes floral, but not bitter. Well balanced. Great summer beer.

crossovert (14128) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2013
Bottle. 5.6% Lemon-lime nose. Flavor isfloral, slightlyperfumey, ample bitterness, nice.

574deadzone (1420) - North Central, Indiana, USA - JUL 2, 2013
Bottle. 5.9% ABV. Pours a murky amber with a rocky khaki cap that leaves some foamy, clingy lace. Lots going on aromatically: some pine, earthiness, herbal tea, caramel, stone fruit, a touch of plum, some grain. Pretty sweet, with a fair bitter balance. Medium bodied, fair action, with a long bitter finish. Tasty brew, pretty well balanced, and just good all around.

kjc51478 (441) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAR 20, 2015
12 oz bottle. Appearance is clear amber color with medium, off-white head. Aroma is citrus, lots of floral and some spice. Taste is well balanced with even bitter and sweetness--notes of citrus, toast, and floral. Palate is medium-bodied, very smooth texture, and a dry finish. One of the better APAs out there.

mmmkay (51) - - MAR 6, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised by the floral sweet aroma. After the first sip it continued to really satisfy me. This could be my go to pale ale going forward. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone