Brewed by Greene King
Bury St. Edmunds, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 376   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Cask; Regular.
A perfectly balanced ale, characterised by its fresh hoppy taste and a clean bitter finish. The Official Beer of England Rugby, Greene King IPA is now the fastest selling cask ale in the UK.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

PorterPounder69 (5) - - MAR 19, 2018 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2018 Bland and whack. Gross its like poison I've had better prison moon shine. Id rather drink urine from a hobos sock

hirigalzkar (3324) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - MAR 12, 2018
Cask. Rather bland and boring but without any obvious faults. Sweet and fruity.

macca147 (869) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - FEB 16, 2018
Cask. Pours a pale copper gold with a thin head. Aroma is biscuity malt, mild caramel, orange and sweet malt. Biscuity malt and mild pine/caramel flavours dominate. Mild citrus. A little bit of a dull flavour palate, and the hops are not discernible. Thin to medium bodied. Mild lingering bitterness. A little bit too thin and dull for my liking. Drinkable, but average.

Itstasty (121) - East Yorkshire, ENGLAND - OCT 30, 2017
Cask @ The Wadkin, Osgodby, Nr Selby North Yorkshire. Where to start, its not in my opinion an IPA. Malty, sweet edge, flavoursome bitter. Easy drinking beer.

JefVerstraete (3874) - Oosterzele, BELGIUM - OCT 22, 2017
Cask @ Duke of Cumberland, Barham. Clear caramelcoloured beer. Sweet, malty, light bitter, some cardboard and tartness. Meh.

nickd717 (5094) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 16, 2017
So everyone's up in arms because they called a bitter an IPA. The nerve! Cask in the UK. Slightly hazy amber with a lacy off-white head. Aroma is caramel, breakfast tea. Flavor is very malty, caramel, old leaves, toffee, very slight bitterness. Feel is smooth, pretty light. Basically an average bitter, not at all an IPA.

christof1871 (12) - - SEP 23, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2017 In Bulls Head, St Neots; little bit amber; little bit malty; little bit bland; little length; but... easy drinking and inoffensive

dpreston (3) - Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - SEP 23, 2017 does not count
This is fine as a standard bitter/ale but this is not an ipa as many others have said. Steer well clear

latoya (3) - Brentford, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 18, 2017 does not count
Well I am sat in The Magpie, innit. Trying not to cry since Gary never turned up at KFC to share a bucket of chicken wit me. The bastard stood me up and I thought I would look for him in his yard. My bestie, Destiny told me to batter the prick when I see him. So anyways I am here sat drinking a pint of this shit. It reminds me of Gary. Smells cheap, it's all rather flaccid with no oomph. It talks big, but when you get down to it there is nothing to excite me here. Oh why do I waste tears on this arsehole. I am going to confront him at work later this week, Mark my words.

Grumbo (4739) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - SEP 14, 2017
Cask at the Bell, Kesgrave. Backlog rating from historic scoring. No tasting notes kept, just rating. Slightly better than bottled version.