overall
Bury St. Edmunds, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 373   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Cask; Regular.
A perfectly balanced ale, characterised by its fresh hoppy taste and a clean bitter finish. The Official Beer of England Rugby, Greene King IPA is now the fastest selling cask ale in the UK.

firedog23's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
firedog23 (73) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 30, 2012
Standard session beer with little to write home about. Average taste and if you want something to throw down your neck, then this is one you can do that with.

JefVerstraete (3589) - Oosterzele, BELGIUM - OCT 22, 2017
Cask @ Duke of Cumberland, Barham. Clear caramelcoloured beer. Sweet, malty, light bitter, some cardboard and tartness. Meh.

nickd717 (4849) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 16, 2017
So everyone's up in arms because they called a bitter an IPA. The nerve! Cask in the UK. Slightly hazy amber with a lacy off-white head. Aroma is caramel, breakfast tea. Flavor is very malty, caramel, old leaves, toffee, very slight bitterness. Feel is smooth, pretty light. Basically an average bitter, not at all an IPA.

christof1871 (11) - - SEP 23, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2017 In Bulls Head, St Neots; little bit amber; little bit malty; little bit bland; little length; but... easy drinking and inoffensive

dpreston (2) - Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - SEP 23, 2017 does not count
This is fine as a standard bitter/ale but this is not an ipa as many others have said. Steer well clear

latoya (3) - Brentford, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 18, 2017 does not count
Well I am sat in The Magpie, innit. Trying not to cry since Gary never turned up at KFC to share a bucket of chicken wit me. The bastard stood me up and I thought I would look for him in his yard. My bestie, Destiny told me to batter the prick when I see him. So anyways I am here sat drinking a pint of this shit. It reminds me of Gary. Smells cheap, it's all rather flaccid with no oomph. It talks big, but when you get down to it there is nothing to excite me here. Oh why do I waste tears on this arsehole. I am going to confront him at work later this week, Mark my words.

Grumbo (3847) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - SEP 14, 2017
Cask at the Bell, Kesgrave. Backlog rating from historic scoring. No tasting notes kept, just rating. Slightly better than bottled version.

Bijl (779) - NETHERLANDS - AUG 18, 2017
Malty rubbish! Smaakt en ruikt naar niets.... zonde! IPA ook totaal niet.... geen hops te merken.

thepatrickman (1467) - Lewes, East Sussex, ENGLAND - AUG 18, 2017
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2017 On cask in Kentish Town. There's is nothing about this beer that's an IPA. It's malty and hop-free, and pretty much the definition of a boring cask bitter.

umbongo82 (32) - Bath, Somerset, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2017
Filth, filth, filth, filth, filth, filth, filth. Seriously, Trading Standards should be on to these charlatans. A disgrace to beverages, not just beer.

kathouse (1932) - LAS VEGAS, Nevada, USA - AUG 15, 2017
On cask at Three Magies Heathrow. Gold and clear with minimal foam. Mostly light malt flavor with some floral hop bitterness. It’s drinkable.