overall
Bury St. Edmunds, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 371   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Cask; Regular.
A perfectly balanced ale, characterised by its fresh hoppy taste and a clean bitter finish. The Official Beer of England Rugby, Greene King IPA is now the fastest selling cask ale in the UK.

theoncle's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
theoncle (61) - Barcelona, - FEB 13, 2013
Cask a Euston Tap, London. Una bitter típicament anglesa, en cap cas una Ipa.

christof1871 (11) - - SEP 23, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2017 In Bulls Head, St Neots; little bit amber; little bit malty; little bit bland; little length; but... easy drinking and inoffensive

dpreston (2) - Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - SEP 23, 2017 does not count
This is fine as a standard bitter/ale but this is not an ipa as many others have said. Steer well clear

latoya (2) - Brentford, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 18, 2017 does not count
Well I am sat in The Magpie, innit. Trying not to cry since Gary never turned up at KFC to share a bucket of chicken wit me. The bastard stood me up and I thought I would look for him in his yard. My bestie, Destiny told me to batter the prick when I see him. So anyways I am here sat drinking a pint of this shit. It reminds me of Gary. Smells cheap, it's all rather flaccid with no oomph. It talks big, but when you get down to it there is nothing to excite me here. Oh why do I waste tears on this arsehole. I am going to confront him at work later this week, Mark my words.

Grumbo (3486) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - SEP 14, 2017
Cask at the Bell, Kesgrave. Backlog rating from historic scoring. No tasting notes kept, just rating. Slightly better than bottled version.

Bijl (752) - NETHERLANDS - AUG 18, 2017
Malty rubbish! Smaakt en ruikt naar niets.... zonde! IPA ook totaal niet.... geen hops te merken.

thepatrickman (1398) - Lewes, East Sussex, ENGLAND - AUG 18, 2017
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2017 On cask in Kentish Town. There's is nothing about this beer that's an IPA. It's malty and hop-free, and pretty much the definition of a boring cask bitter.

umbongo82 (31) - Bath, Somerset, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2017
Filth, filth, filth, filth, filth, filth, filth. Seriously, Trading Standards should be on to these charlatans. A disgrace to beverages, not just beer.

kathouse (1928) - LAS VEGAS, Nevada, USA - AUG 15, 2017
On cask at Three Magies Heathrow. Gold and clear with minimal foam. Mostly light malt flavor with some floral hop bitterness. It’s drinkable.

jamesmully (4) - - JUL 29, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2017 Dark amber colour. Not much smell nor taste similar to dish water. Unpleasant till the end and very watery. Very thin head. May taste better bottled but yet to try. Not a great IPA

danskal (1) - - JUL 9, 2017 does not count
It may not be a beer that screams and shouts anything in particular, but if I was forced to choose one beer to drink for the rest of my life, I might well choose this one, because it has this thing called subtlety. It’s drinkable, refreshing, has no overpowering notes that make you feel you’ve had enough after the second pint. It has great aroma and subtle flavours which will grow on you.