overall
Bury St. Edmunds, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 374   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Cask; Regular.
A perfectly balanced ale, characterised by its fresh hoppy taste and a clean bitter finish. The Official Beer of England Rugby, Greene King IPA is now the fastest selling cask ale in the UK.

stoo (2) - old reynella, AUSTRALIA - NOV 8, 2011 does not count
I grew up on this stuff and something I really miss now I live in Australia.

jparsons2222 (7) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 11, 2014 does not count
Deeply pleasant, tasty and easy drinking. Nothing exceptional exept its agreeableness overall. My favourite on an English Summer’s evening at the Free Press in Cambridge. Doesn’t upset gut bacteria too much when only counting up to three.

suprchunk (2994) - EffOff, Florida, USA - FEB 26, 2011
Pours a dark amber with a small head that stays around, and leaves a healthy lacing down the side. Typical of cask I reckon. The low carbonation that is. Malty, and a bit of hops. That’s about it. Nothing exceptional, but nothing too distracting either. Tastes like a session bitter in just about any bar. Malty. Hoppy. Blended just right to make you want more. A little nuttiness in there as well. Refreshingly crisp. Light carbonation and barely any bitter twang. Malt sticks around after drinking it leaving a nice sweetness. Very. I could quaff this one all night long. And I just may. Nice beer to have while conversing your cares away with some good company after a day of working.

danskal (1) - - JUL 9, 2017 does not count
It may not be a beer that screams and shouts anything in particular, but if I was forced to choose one beer to drink for the rest of my life, I might well choose this one, because it has this thing called subtlety. It’s drinkable, refreshing, has no overpowering notes that make you feel you’ve had enough after the second pint. It has great aroma and subtle flavours which will grow on you.