overall
RATINGS: 1389   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Ochre coloured top fermented Abbey Beer with an abv of 6.7%. The use of Gatinais barley combined with carefully selected hops creates a perfectly balanced, relatively light tasting beer with a fruity malty taste.

halfonit (1392) - Fall River, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 9, 2009
Lighter golden color. Aroma is basically of malts, citrus, and yeast. Taste is of sweeter matls. Basically this is just not my style of beer, like I’ve said before. But I do respect peoples opinions that do like it. It’s just not for me.

JohnnyZ (90) - Illinois, USA - AUG 8, 2009
good beer. very drinkable because it goes down smooth. no overpowering alcohol odors or bitter flavors. fruity, malty, and lite tasting.

otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 4, 2009
For such a tiny country nestled in-between a half-dozen different countries, Belgium is a tour-de-force in brewing and all that it entails: culture, history, religion, food, economics, etc. They are also an apparently stubborn bunch, clinging, rightly so, to ancient brewing techniques that still best most modern brewing marvels and their product. If there are any secrets involved, the Belgians’ aren’t telling anytime soon, and I rather prefer it that way. Two most common affiliations with Belgian brewing are Trappist and Abbey ales, the latter of which is up to bat today. Grimbergen is a town in Belgium which also has a Norbertine abbey from which their fabulous beers are brewed. Only two are available in the states, the Blonde and Dubbel/Double. Long before I really knew the inner workings of Belgian beer, I sat at a bar in Atlanta, GA and ordered my very first Grimbergen Blonde. Fast-foreword a few years later to now, and once more I am blessed with their Blonde and a better understanding of and appreciation for her.

I can’t pick a favorite beer, but if I must, I can easily say without a doubt that Belgium is my favorite country and thusly, style. The Grimbergen Blonde fits in there nicely with a clear golden smile while a soft, puffy white cloud settles in for the long haul. A masterpiece of lace dresses her in the finest while she whispers sweet nothings in my ear. Pepper, spice, lemon, yeast, and fresh sourdough bread, soft and moist from the baker’s oven. Over-ripe bananas are whipped into a soft banana cream while a dryer essence of hay and straw lurks in the background. I sense a storm building for the aroma of fresh rain and damp earth permeates her nose. Wanting to avoid the downpour, I delve deep into her inviting body to discover a smooth and creamy mouthfeel with a soft presence deserving of her name. Belgian blonde ales are reputably soft, smooth, and delicate while still bursting with flavor and refreshment. Bananas and fresh dough receive a fresh spritz of lemon and yeast while pepper settles into the back of my throat for a pleasantly warm finish. The bananas and cream and sourdough give her a chewy presence which lightly coats all porous surfaces. The only hint of hops is a growing tingling sensation on top of my tongue. Clean, moist, and highly refreshing, the Grimbergen Blonde is an excellent Belgian session beer.

I remember exactly where I was when I had my first Grimbergen Blonde, but up until we were able to be reunited recently, I wouldn’t have been able to tell you much about her specifically. Now though, any day is a good day for a Grimbergen, in my opinion. Of course, I have my Grimbergen chalice for proper pouring and supping. There is no need for uncertainty; next time you see a six-pack, don’t hesitate at all to bring her home with you.

tomer (3698) - Rishon Le Zion, ISRAEL - AUG 4, 2009
0.33L bottle, clear dark yellow colour with a touch of brown taint, malty aroma with some winey notes and a hint of something medicinal. flavour of light caramel and fruit with a hint of apple and a strong candy sweetness which is a bit to alcoholic, medium body, chineese sweet and sour aftertaste.

Jblauvs (1358) - Chester, Vermont, USA - JUL 30, 2009
yellow pour, thin offwhite head. sweet malty aroma with a bit of fruit esters. Mouthfeel is a bit syrupy and flavor is mostly sweet malt accompanied by some yeast and a bit of dates and some apricot fruit. not bad flavor but not complex

Slokop (107) - Tilburg, NETHERLANDS - JUL 21, 2009
Gold to copper colour, small head (could have been due to dirty glass), fairly carbonated. Mild sweet with small bitter. Tiny hints of fruit. Okay beer.

ben4321 (6668) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JUL 20, 2009
Location: 11.2 oz bottle with my lunch as Petite Abeille, 7/17/09

Aroma: Light nose, sweet malt aroma, fruity, yeasty
Appearance: Pale yellow color
Flavor: Fruity sweetness, with a tartness to it as well, yeasty flavor
Palate: Light body, smooth
Overall Impression: Decent example of the style, it isn’t the most complex beer around, but it has some good flavor to it.

jcwattsrugger (12517) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JUL 20, 2009
11.2oz bottle-pours a foamy white head and gold color. Aroma is light fruit, grain/hay. Taste is light fruit, grain/hay/ malt-caramel sweetness, faint hops bite. Good carbonation. Light/medium body

teorn88 (7687) - Rimini, ITALY - JUL 8, 2009
33cl bottle. Pours gold and clear with a big white head. Aroma is white plums, malt and hay. Flavor is sweet and flowery with yeast and a bit of alcohol. Medium body, medium carbonation. No bitterness, dry finish. Not straordinary, but a good beer.

LooseCannon (938) - Norfolk, Virginia, USA - JUL 7, 2009
11.2 oz bottle. Pours clear golden in color with full foamy white head. Aroma yeast and light hops. Taste yeasty and sweet with bitter finish.