overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (Asahi)
Style: Pale Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands

RATINGS: 2004   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered and force-carbonated.
Premium Lager / Pilsner Since 1615
Ingredients: Water, Malted barley, Hops
The company’s best selling lager.

Dorwart (2604) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - FEB 8, 2003
I used to be a big fan of this stuff. Boy have times changed. Actually it is not that bad when you compare it to the other major brews in its class. Ok head which does not last long. Light gold/straw color. Slight aroma of nothing special (non skunky). Light crisp taste with a smooth, clean finish. A decent lager for the price.

Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 5, 2003
Well it is good if you are on a budget, and it is better than Heineken. However it is good on a hot day, and compaired to most commercial lagers it is better.

ferox (84) - Newcastle, ENGLAND - FEB 3, 2003
Bought some of the massive 1.5 litre bottles. One of the best mainstream Lagers in my opinion. Good head, nice palate. I bet if it was brewed by some Belgium micro-brewery, everyone would give it 15+ out of 20. But it's a popular beer, so the beer snobs seem to dislike it.

mikeyj80 (22) - USA - FEB 1, 2003
good cheapish beer. If drinking more than 'just a couple' then this could be worthwhile.

OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 30, 2003
I have to admit, I bought this one for the bottle. And the bottle was the best part.

DallasBryan (111) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 25, 2003
..................................................

jeffin7 (613) - Silver Spring, Maryland, USA - JAN 24, 2003
My father who is a hunter used to have skunk oil (the extract that skunks produce and spray) to cover his scent trail in the would. Now I know that stuff was actually Grolsch. It definatly distinctly has the strong odor of skunk. It didn't taste that bad though which was suprising. I just couldn't take the smell.

redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - JAN 24, 2003
I had a roommate in college who was obsessed with this stuff. I think it was because it had stoppers instead of caps, he thought that it made it better. I put this in the class of Becks/Heineken, the skunky European import beers. A little pricey to give to friends but they are always impressed caused it has those damn stoppers.

AcctError6435 (119) - Prairieville, Louisiana, USA - JAN 23, 2003
On the bitter side for my taste. Still a very refreshing bitter beer that is best served ice cold on a hot day.

OriginalCheeser (32) - USA - JAN 22, 2003
Strong flavor for a lite colored beer. Comes on strong and fades slowly....