overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (Asahi)
Style: Pale Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands

RATINGS: 2003   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered and force-carbonated.
Premium Lager / Pilsner Since 1615
Ingredients: Water, Malted barley, Hops
The company’s best selling lager.

JohnCook101's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
JohnCook101 (535) - - DEC 5, 2012
440ml can. Pours clear amber with a medium sized smooth head. Slightly soapy aroma. Light hops, a little drier than most of its peers, with a short and lightly bitter finish. Pretty plain but refreshing.

Kiezmar (749) - Kraków, POLAND - SEP 22, 2017
Butelka. Cóż. Aromat to typowa zielona butelka, skunks że hej. W tle lekko słodowo. W smaku wytrawnie, na szczęście bez mdłych nut słodowych. Pić się da, nawet jest goryczka jako taka.

ischas (769) - - SEP 20, 2017
0,5 l Flasche. Goldenes Bier, flsxver weißer Schaum, akzeptable Gardine. Standard Bier ohne Stärken oder große Schwächen.

ArtificialCyst (1229) - Szczecin, POLAND - SEP 20, 2017
A simple premium lager. Pours golden with a mediocre head. Grainy, lightly spicy, a bit of skunk, in general not so sweet and neuter as other premium lagers, even quite easy-drinking.

dzikson (50) - Limanowa, POLAND - SEP 17, 2017
Ocena na podstawie wspomnień z degustacji w ramach uzupełnienia profilu na RateBeer.

stantheman (1091) - British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 11, 2017
Tall can from BC Liquor stores. A very pale amber with generous white head and faint malted nose. A mild beer. Little hop or malt presence. It's an OK beer for when you're really hot and thirsty, and it's served ice cold. 2.6

AcctError486393 (58) - POLAND - AUG 30, 2017
Aromat słodkawy ledwie wyczuwalny. Smak pełny, goryczka średnia. Piana z początku wysoka, szybko opada. Barwa słomkowa przejrzysta, bliska wody.

vlada94 (209) - Nis, SERBIA - AUG 30, 2017
Pale yellow colour with medium white head , aroma is malty with hints of metal, tastes malty , high and agressive carbonation, medium bitterness m metal aftertaste. I epected much more from this beer based on its price. Quality is as the same as it is in some much cheaper lagers.

jayjmarc (1) - - AUG 29, 2017 does not count
This is an excellent classic European lager. I have been drinking this since I was 19 and I am now 46. I can’t imagine how many Grolsch I have consumed over my lifetime but I can tell you it has been quite a few. I am healthy and workout regularly. Most other beers in this category give me a headache, make me nauseous and sick. I can drink several Grolsch and not once did I get ill. They use the purest ingredients and water from a mountain spring. In this day and age of a million+ different breweries there are few that have been around since 1615. I am glad Grolsch keeps their prices down, use excellent ingredients and have stayed true to their tradition despite all the beer snobs walking around today wetting their handlebar mustaches with their "craft/high-end IPA."

Oleg85 (226) - Yaroslavl, RUSSIA - AUG 29, 2017
Golden color, awful head. Mediocre lager inspired by czech pilsner. That’s it.

nightrider54 (4) - - AUG 26, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2017 It tastes like a lager should be. This is the reference to all others. Cloning and being like this beer is all others trying to do since 1615.