overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (Asahi)
Style: Pale Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands

RATINGS: 2038   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered and force-carbonated.
Premium Lager / Pilsner Since 1615
Ingredients: Water, Malted barley, Hops
The company’s best selling lager.

ryanball (1) - lytham st annes, Lancashire, ENGLAND - NOV 15, 2013 does not count
BRILLIANT LAGER supping now and its a really bold taste. And has a lovely aroma taste is great

Copsywrite (1) - NETHERLANDS - JUN 18, 2012 does not count
Best beer brewn in the east of the Netherlands. Nice firm beer with character. Ideal for a warm afternoon...

snapdharlich (29) - SCOTLAND - FEB 11, 2002
Grolsch is a fantastic all rounder. Light whilst full of flavour and served in a bottle that is a pleasure to drink from - Very easy to get sozzled on.

BigJ99 (2) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 28, 2002 does not count
Really liked this one. Excellent beer!

LJBrewing (22) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 7, 2005
The problem is most time you only get a "light struck" skunky old sittin on the shelf too long bottle. But if you happen upon a fresh one like I have, this is a wonderful lager. The aroma when you first pop the top is reminiscent of, well, maryjane, or so they tell me. Crisp, nice malt notes. About the best you can expect from a premium lager.

Valfar (78) - San Miguel, EL SALVADOR - OCT 24, 2013
A good beer for good moments. Its unique aroma, due to its two hops process it has a strong floral smell, makes you enjoy every moment when drinking one. Its taste is a bit bitter but very malty also, you won’t find a flavor like this in other beers. A deep amber color, it tends to be low in foam and carbonatation. Neverthless, it doesn’t take points from taste.

guyjames70 (3) - Liverpool, Merseyside, ENGLAND - AUG 8, 2014 does not count
This fine beer has got the perfect aroma of hops almost too good to drink but the taste is just great too , when served chilled it is crisp , hoppy and slightly sweet that seems to fizz in your mouth . I am more a lover of bitter or mild but this is one lager that I will always choose for a refreshing change . for me it beats all other lagers hands down as it seems to be the essence of what a good beer should be .

Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 16, 2002
I love this lager. Good tarty flavor. I truly enjoy Holland lagers. A bit expensive but well worth it. Aroma is nice and rich and bitter. This is the beer I buy when my buddy Mike or Hank come up from Florida to fish with me...But only then. (It’s expensive as hell!) Plus I love the cap. Good to have when drinking in the car-you can always seal it up when the police pull you over. This is one of my favorite beers. Good aroma and fantastic flavor. Truly the King of Beers.