overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (Asahi)
Style: Pale Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands

RATINGS: 2014   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered and force-carbonated.
Premium Lager / Pilsner Since 1615
Ingredients: Water, Malted barley, Hops
The company’s best selling lager.

BigJ99 (2) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 28, 2002 does not count
Really liked this one. Excellent beer!......................................

LJBrewing (22) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 7, 2005
The problem is most time you only get a "light struck" skunky old sittin on the shelf too long bottle. But if you happen upon a fresh one like I have, this is a wonderful lager. The aroma when you first pop the top is reminiscent of, well, maryjane, or so they tell me. Crisp, nice malt notes. About the best you can expect from a premium lager.

Valfar (78) - San Miguel, EL SALVADOR - OCT 24, 2013
A good beer for good moments. Its unique aroma, due to its two hops process it has a strong floral smell, makes you enjoy every moment when drinking one. Its taste is a bit bitter but very malty also, you won’t find a flavor like this in other beers. A deep amber color, it tends to be low in foam and carbonatation. Neverthless, it doesn’t take points from taste.

guyjames70 (3) - Liverpool, Merseyside, ENGLAND - AUG 8, 2014 does not count
This fine beer has got the perfect aroma of hops almost too good to drink but the taste is just great too , when served chilled it is crisp , hoppy and slightly sweet that seems to fizz in your mouth . I am more a lover of bitter or mild but this is one lager that I will always choose for a refreshing change . for me it beats all other lagers hands down as it seems to be the essence of what a good beer should be .

Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 16, 2002
I love this lager. Good tarty flavor. I truly enjoy Holland lagers. A bit expensive but well worth it. Aroma is nice and rich and bitter. This is the beer I buy when my buddy Mike or Hank come up from Florida to fish with me...But only then. (It's expensive as hell!) Plus I love the cap. Good to have when drinking in the car-you can always seal it up when the police pull you over. This is one of my favorite beers. Good aroma and fantastic flavor. Truly the King of Beers.

michclark (88) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 26, 2011
great beer one of my favourites. Nice appearance and finish with a crisp taste. If you havnt tried it nows the time to make an appointment with mr grolsch.

Brewnick (1) - Ommen, NETHERLANDS - FEB 14, 2017 does not count
Great taste!! This is one of my favorite beers. This beer had a Nice arome.

felsenpils (183) - Sacramento, California, USA - MAR 31, 2017
330 ml (11.2 oz) bottle. The brewery has changed from the 12 oz bottle for the US market to the international 330 ml bottle. Pours a deep golden color with a white head and lively carbonation. The packaging says "premium quality two hop recipe". These days, that does not mean much, but it got my attention. The aroma is of barley malt and quite clean. The flavor is a lot fuller than the Grolsch that I remember with a much thicker and better mouthfeel. The hop bitterness has also been increased, but the thing that stands out the most is that I am not picking up on those characteristic Dutch esters which you used to get in Grolsch and still get in Heineken. This is a much better version of the beer and worth retasting if you have not had one in some time. The brewery´s website calls this "Premium Pilsner" although the label on the bottle still reads "Premium Lager". A very nice commercial Pils which in my opinion is far better than most across the border in Germany which have original gravities which are so low that you no longer get any body/mouthfeel from them. This Grolsch "feels" more like a Pilsner Urquell without the burnt caramel flavor.

CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 22, 2002
Regular Grolsch is forgettable but the Premium is better. I had a friend who used to drink this stuff all time. I sure do miss that guy.