overall
Brewed by Bavaria Brouwerij (Netherlands)
Style: Pale Lager
Lieshout, Netherlands

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 1.69/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84/5   ABV: -

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
frankliemydear (12) - Roseville, California, USA - FEB 3, 2008
This beer was fair. I actually could not smell the beer. Its a light beer, I didnt think it had too much flavor...maybe a hint of a slightly bitter aftertaste. I agree its better than some of the sour Mexican beers like Baja beer. At least it wasnt flat.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
sneagrams3 (2337) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 21, 2007
12oz green bottle. Filtered with a golden hue. Quickly dissipating fingerwidth of white head. Grainy bready lager nose. Slight fruity ester. Grainy and light bodied. Slight vanilla creaminess. Crisp and not too skunky. Very drinkable. Crisp and dry. Smooth malts and mild hops, but both are distinguishable. Slightly sticky. Considering that I was going into this with little optimism, this beer was a pleasant surprise. Half the price of Heineken, but definitely not half the flavor!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
NachlamSie (3386) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 29, 2006
bottle. Pours a clear, light gold with a fast fading head. Aroma = skunk =[. A bit of corn husks and paper are also detected. The body is soapy sweet with papery notes and gives me a slight headache pretty fast. The mouthfeel is strangely slick and thin. I guess this isnt as bad as I thought it would be, but I really cant finish even one glass of this.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
shendrix (478) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 25, 2006
Neither as vile as it smells nor as nasty as Baja should be this companys motto. In actual fact, if one is careful not to breath, this brew is on the low side of drinkable. Rather watery with just the tiniest bit of lemon tones, a very mild--too mild one might say--hoppy finish. Ive had far better, but Ive had far worse as well.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - AUG 17, 2006
Suprising is the one word that I can only seem to come up with to describe this beer. In all honesty, I truly thought that this beer was going to be a drain pour the first time it hit my palate. So much for preconcieved ideas. It really wasnt that bad of a beer and I think its actually more drinkable than Heineken or other beers from that region. Aroma was skunky, yet also grassy, some carboard and some vegetable. Appearance was golden yellow, smallish head. Mouthfeel was slightly rough with a bit much in the carbonation area. Flavor was really what threw me for a loop as it almost had a bit of citrus to it. Not hop citrus mind you, but almost lemony. It wasnt horrible, nor was it fantastic either. It also had a grassy bite to it that was easy to consume. Drink it quick might be the motto for these guys. I didnt wait around to find out what would happen at warmer temps. Its already 105 here in NorCal, so I dont need a warm beer to boot.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
shrubber85 (11024) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - JUL 21, 2006
Bottle. Sour grain malt aroma. Golden yellow color with small head. Typical cheap lager sweet-sour grain flavor. Mild bitter finish. Might be a little better fresh. Typical poor European lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Reid (2428) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JUN 28, 2006
Bought as a 6 pack from cheap Grocery Outlet. Pretty average looking pale lager..weak golden with a large frothy white head. NO aroma at all to speak off..tiny bit of skunk, after all it is a gren bottle!!. Flavour is strange it starts off like a regular malty style lager.then degenerates into watery bitterness..like others I find the lemony taste quite jarring. Thin Thin watery mouthfeel to it, no enjoyment. This started off looking like it might just be an average Dutch lager..but eneded up sub par..not very good.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
22oz (3) - san diego, California, USA - JUN 5, 2006 does not count
I thought i was getting a deal @$3.99 a six pack, it is very sour with a hint of skunk and a bitter aftertaste.I only managed to drink 2 before i just couldnt drink anymore ..nothing like heineken ..more like a poormans rolling rock =(

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - MAR 15, 2006
Bottle. Pours pale yellow with white head. I can smell the skunk the moment I pop the cap. Theres also an intense sour aroma and something that vaguely reminds me of wild onions. The flavor is very grassy with a weird artificial lemon twang to it. The finish is slightly less offensive. Like others, got this on impulse in a pick-6 at Food City.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Suttree (6235) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 26, 2006
Yellow and white. skunky, sour, lemony, Sprite or 7up aroma. Slightly sour flavor, then the usual Euro-lager flavors. I swear, Im a sucker for anything new on the shelves.