Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout

overall
Formerly brewed at St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 545   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Made with a double brew stream that combines two types of malts, ale and stout. Carbonated. Uses Guinness yeast, triple hops and roasted barley.

BlackBeerPG (898) - Darien, Illinois, USA - NOV 2, 2015
Black brown in color,creamy head with some lace, rich roasted malts, semi sweet, smooth finish.

Jabah (541) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - APR 10, 2015
I actually liked this better than the traditional Guiness Extra Stout. I don’t really drink Guiness that much anymore, as I’ve been trying different domestic microbrews lately, but the more I drink Guiness the more I realize that it is actually a decent beer. This stout seems sweeter and smoother than Extra Stout. Definitely more of a chocolate/nutty taste. I was expecting it to be sharper and thicker, but it tastes and goes down smooth. It reminds me a bit of another stout I like a lot by Lost Coast called 8-ball Stout, or maybe a mild chocolate stout. Was looking around for a ABV% but can’t find one, guessing it’s around 5.5-6%. I would buy it again as it is a "limited edition". It is a good all around dark beer.

slowrunner77 (12895) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 2, 2014
"found at Roseville, CA BevMo for $10.49 / sixer. I’m not a huge fan of the original, and I like that one better in the nitro can or on tap, so this is already a venture for me...but i can’t ignore the history and had to jump on the chance to try it. While not mind blowing, i definitely like it better than the regular stuff. No slight urine aftertaste. Still a little thin for my taste, but that was totally expected. pours dark brown...nearly black with a thin off white head. flavor and aroma is roasted malts...not incredibly complex, but pleasant. mouthfeel is a tad too carbonated and thinner than i like, but overall, it’s like a session stout. nice dry roasted finish. worthy of a 250 year anniversary? ...no, but an enjoyable enough brew."