overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Schwarzbier
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 668   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.73/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Guinness Black Lager is cold-brewed with roasted barley to deliver the refreshing taste of lager with the unique character of Guinness. Enjoy ice cold straight from the bottle.

Known as Premium Beer in Malaysia, where it is 5%.

kikistamatis32 (4) - - JUL 23, 2012 does not count
con la mitad del sabor y el cuerpo de una guinness extra stout pero aun asi deliciosa y refrescante!

RobbieJD (1) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 15, 2014 does not count
I absolutely LOVE this beer! Great Guinness taste. Just discovered it and can’t believe I am so late in trying it. Great beer!

tot110 (3) - - JAN 29, 2017 does not count
Great beer for any occasion. I always start my night off with one of these.

Mickey42 (36) - Syracuse, New York, USA - JUN 18, 2012
Great beer. It has the flavor and aromas of Guinness stout without the fullness. Highly recommended!

pclaiborne85 (2) - Tennessee, USA - FEB 12, 2013 does not count
No detectable hop flavor which is a plus for me. Nice thick head. Great aroma and caramel taste.

pharaoh45 (2) - - JUL 29, 2012 does not count
I have very little experience with darker beers so there isn’t much to compare to, but this is one of my favorite beers. It’s not at all watery like some on here have suggested, it’s just smooth. Best aftertaste I’ve ever gotten from beer.

bpreo (2903) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - NOV 21, 2010
Really good Dark Lager. Taste is very unique, just like traditional Guinness. Will be a new personal preference in times of trouble.

Guinnessman (102) - VACAVILLE, California, USA - NOV 14, 2011
WOW! This stuff did not taste like I expected it to, it was wayyyy better than I had hoped. Goes down smooth just like any other lager, but has that oaky almost German quality to it.

lukeblb (3) - Indiana, USA - MAR 31, 2012 does not count
I like this beer. Nice bite, not strong, but stays with you. Very light on the stomach, even with pasta. One can have as many as possible with this brand, and not get the "bloated belly" feeling.