overall
Brewed by St. James's Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4814   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed - Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

swirl (267) - collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAR 26, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 30, 2005 This is one of my personal favorites. A strong dark stout that really started my whole journey into great tasting well crafted beers. Many people only associate this beer with St Patrick’s Day but really there isn’t a single day I couldn’t drink one. Slainte

1.2
kyuss (21) - BELGIUM - MAR 24, 2005
Some people like it, some really don’t. I really don’t like it. I’ve tried it numerous times, almost every time I’m in an Irish pub, I have a Guinness. Didn’t like it the first time and still don’t like it. I am keen on blond beers and Guinness is as brown as it gets. Looks great though, the white creamy stuff is excellent for sticking your chin in and making a really cool beard and moustache.

beerhandy (195) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 23, 2005
This is my fallback beer when there isnt a lot of beer choices.I drank a bunch this St. Patricks Day and it was cheap. The Nitrogen pour .Roasted malt flavors thin body but super creamy (ah Nitrogen) easy drinking and its a session beer.I love it when people say its too strong ha its only 4% and we probably have a 3.2 version in Oklahoma.

MrBunn (2867) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 22, 2005
This was a bit of a disappointment. The bottled draught version is a bit weak when compared to what you get on tap at a bar. It really tastes like a watered down version of the real thing. Maybe I just have a dud bottle...

Gmoney (465) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 22, 2005
great color the famous head . very easy to drink with a nice roasted malt taste good brew

Kuey (30) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 22, 2005
Good style beer. good flavour, good appearance, good pallet, no bad aftertaste.

bourne (161) - Suwon, SOUTH KOREA - MAR 22, 2005
I did not like the bottle or canned version much at all. I bought a keg of it for St patricks day and found it very easy going. Deep black color with a small creamy white head that leaves quickly. Smoother and simplerer than most stouts this can be drunk quickly. Makes a great cooking ingredient too

bsawatzky (153) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 22, 2005
i must say im not a huge fan of this stout. a little too watery for me and lacking in complexity. nice creamy feel however.

GarethYoung (1111) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - MAR 21, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2005 very pretty beer, totally black with a creamy tan head that maintains longer than the beer does. nose is weak with a little coffee, the polyfilla-like head stops you from smelling much. Nitro mouthfeel.

ErictheRed18 (2) - Buckner, Missouri, USA - MAR 20, 2005 does not count
a very deep and soulful mahogany color with a savory tight head. smells natural like rich freshly turned earth. after plowing through the thick beer cream on top i found a satisfyingly mellow slightly thin body, heavy roasted flavor adds to this beers appeal. the legs are curvy, they give the drinker something to take to the bathroom and think about.