overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5183   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - DEC 8, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 9, 2005 Well with Guinness you either like it or you don’t. I personally could not stand the taste of this. For those who enjoy it that is fine. Re-rate- I will give this more respect. It is just too watery though.

brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 8, 2004
The most beautiful working beer in existence. Bouquet is minimal, whats there is nice, like an old cask,the sexiest velvet like texture of the mouthfeel, and if you have a good batch a first taste that defines the word roasted. Like many others, it was the beer that pulled me away from the macro’s. Seems to have gotten a little inconsistant lately, or it could be the bartenders are just serving it to cold, but a pint of a good batch served correctly is still one of life’s great pleasures and treasures

GonZoBeeR (3061) - ste-catherine, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 5, 2004
nez:Legere torefaction,cafe.Gout:Cremeux,cafe,legere torefaction.Les gens on beau detester le fait qu’il est triche avec de l’azote dans la canette le resulta est tres bon.

beerandrugby (210) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 3, 2004
UPDATED: APR 12, 2005 I used to be an absolutely fanatical supporter of this beer but alas, times and tastes change. In highschool and early in my college career my love affair with Guinness peaked. Don’t get me wrong I still like this beer, but there are many, many superior stouts out there. Lately Guinness has been most unimpressive to me. I drink it every time I go out to the one bar I go to that lacks any sort of a decent selection of beer and I have started to hate the nitro-ness...also I get roaring hangovers the next day. Anyways Guinness is ok.

BlurFan (8) - USA - DEC 2, 2004 does not count
Don’t ever follow an evening at a Gunness pub in Paris with a night of heavy margarita consumption. "The horror, the horror..."

SDalkoholic (2386) - Linda Vista, California, USA - DEC 2, 2004
A very thick appearance and thin tan head that doesnt go away unlike most other stouts. The most tiny and smallest bubbles i ever seen in a beer. Creamy and smooth on the palate. Flavor is like decaff coffee but still is very enjoyable

MIBRomeo (2570) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 30, 2004
apears dark thick and creamy w/ a beautiful thick head.. smells very mellow like semisweet chocolate chips but weaker.. the pallate is fairly creamy but not impressive and the taste is a little plain.. hints of chocolate but nothing overpowering.. overall it’s a decent beer but is much better in an Irish Car Bomb

Chokehold (20) - cape town, SOUTH AFRICA - NOV 30, 2004
The Original. There is nothing that I can say to make you all feel what I feel for this beer. 100% in my book, and will always be!!!! Bottom Line: I have a keg at my place :)

FtWorthBrew (105) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - NOV 29, 2004
Used to drink this all the time. wonderful. like cold coffee and alcohol. not a bad stout. can taste metalic at times.

Nekronos (4175) - Xalapa, MEXICO - NOV 29, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2006 I know, before you erase this again, consider de alcohol percentage, I don’t know why, and I don’t know how, the cans and bottles I have found have printed 4.2% instead 4.1%, so let it be, people. =). Let me say it tastes different than the one from barrel.