overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5236   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Looks just like it tastes...smell of coffee and cream...tastes almost burnt but not too much...not my favorite but definately deserving of its reputation...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - AUG 4, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2004 Pours black with large white head. Has a nice look to it and gives off chocolate and coffee smells. It is very smooth and goes down nice and clean but has a long finish. It tastes like a cold ice coffee sometimes. I have been having this more often now and it is one of my favorites.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
beak43 (3) - Springfield, Ohio, USA - AUG 3, 2004 does not count
Great stuff. NOt much bad to say. Dark, rich and satisfying. Touch of sourness adds to the complexity. One of my favorites.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Maximus55 (40) - California, USA - AUG 3, 2004
This is some good dark stuff, personally I don’t usually like dark beer, but Ill get it every once in a while for a good time.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - AUG 3, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 9, 2004 Black color, light coffee aroma and taste, full body, long finish. Not the best stout, but a real good one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Palidor19 (3180) - Brandon, Florida, USA - AUG 1, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 28, 2008 OK, I admit, When I first tried this beer at 18, I hated it!! it was too bitter for me, then after developing my Beer palate I grown to love it!! I love the way it our into my glass, the rich aroma of coffee. I’ll be drinking this more often now

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
drewdogg (62) - USA - JUL 31, 2004
Excellent appearance with a thick black color and nice creamy head. Although certainly not the best stout around, it is the best known and unlike Budweiser deserves its reputation and popularity.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Belly Full O Beer (57) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - JUL 27, 2004
Love to watch the cascade after pouring. Nice undertones and a crisp finish. Wish I could figure out a way to put the shamrock on the head when pouring from a can.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
davidflores99 (225) - Signal HIll, California, USA - JUL 27, 2004
Pours black with a creamy head, goes down very smooth, but takes too long for the foam to go down.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bierchik (95) - lakewood, California, USA - JUL 26, 2004
dark brown, practically black hue, w/a creamy head, real smooth beer, really light coffee flavor....use to love it, now tastes like cold watered down coffee w/a hint of alcohol.