overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5250   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - AUG 7, 2004
bottle poured a dark black with a malty milk like head. this is not a beer for me and I ended up having to pour this down the drain! very weak and watery. A lot of people love this beer but this is not the stouts I know and love, blahh!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
travismills (37) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 7, 2004
Very intresting beer, pretty good in the taste, and the gases add a little something, so get it in a can.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hayduke (5171) - Eureka, California, USA - AUG 6, 2004
Pours black with great head. Goes down smooth. A bit like rich iced coffee, but much better. A great stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
yamandtater (2) - USA - AUG 6, 2004 does not count
What can you say about Guinness? Smooth, silky texture. It’s thick apperance is deceiving because it goes down easy with the nitrogen infused bubbles!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Looks just like it tastes...smell of coffee and cream...tastes almost burnt but not too much...not my favorite but definately deserving of its reputation...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - AUG 4, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2004 Pours black with large white head. Has a nice look to it and gives off chocolate and coffee smells. It is very smooth and goes down nice and clean but has a long finish. It tastes like a cold ice coffee sometimes. I have been having this more often now and it is one of my favorites.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
beak43 (3) - Springfield, Ohio, USA - AUG 3, 2004 does not count
Great stuff. NOt much bad to say. Dark, rich and satisfying. Touch of sourness adds to the complexity. One of my favorites.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Maximus55 (40) - California, USA - AUG 3, 2004
This is some good dark stuff, personally I don’t usually like dark beer, but Ill get it every once in a while for a good time.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - AUG 3, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 9, 2004 Black color, light coffee aroma and taste, full body, long finish. Not the best stout, but a real good one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Palidor19 (3182) - Brandon, Florida, USA - AUG 1, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 28, 2008 OK, I admit, When I first tried this beer at 18, I hated it!! it was too bitter for me, then after developing my Beer palate I grown to love it!! I love the way it our into my glass, the rich aroma of coffee. I’ll be drinking this more often now