overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5183   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 17, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 20, 2005 A highly overated beer. I was very disspointed in my 1st guiness. Perhaps it wasn’t cold enough so I tried another making sure the 2nd was very cold as advised by the bottle. Still very dissapointing. Has a coffee aroma and a coffee aftertaste. It tastes like watered down milk going down at first until the aftertaste kicks in. Not much punch, and the consistency leaves much to be desired.

MrKevvie (29) - Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2004
Excellent beer, this is an old standard for a reason. Light frothy head, with tons of flavour. Dark colour....dont need to say anything else about it. Aroma is good, nice! I’ve loved guinness for years and still do, good drop!

WYSIWYG (20) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JUN 13, 2004
The closest I’ve found so far to the perfect beer. You could say, though, that "it’s all in the head!"

KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - JUN 9, 2004
UPDATED: APR 16, 2010 As far as I’m concerned, it begins and ends with a pint of Guinness. From the anticipation of the head finally settling to the last drop, this is, without a doubt, a little taste of Heaven here on earth. There is no wrong time to drink this beverage, whether it be summer, spring, fall, winter, a wedding, a funeral, before a concert, after a concert, a funeral, after an operation... Not as good as the Belgian/French version but then again, "Calling Dr. Love" is better than "Shock Me," which, well, you know...

haf (531) - Gijon, SPAIN - JUN 9, 2004
mejor tomarla de barril. Cerveza negra. muy buena. bastante espuma. Intragable si se calienta.

Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - JUN 9, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 25, 2004 Guinness is a classic, I love it, its good in The US., But even better in Ireland! If it wasn’t so Costly here, it would be my staple drink! I drink it at first sign of a cold, it always helps! I love it! Try it at the Brewery, its a whole different taste!

PWalk (337) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 8, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2004 The beer that tells people around you that you enjoy good beer. This stout pours nearly jet black and produces a fine cream colored head. Delectably smooth and bitter this beer will satisfy.

slimweebs (163) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUN 7, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 24, 2005 One of my favorite beers to have with sausage... The combination of the slighty sweet, roasted flavor, combined with the thick creamy head and smooth nitro carbonation is so satisfying. I love this beer. May not be a real complex beer, and not even that flavorful, but sometimes simplicity is beautiful.

brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - JUN 6, 2004
Despite the widget issues this is a great brew. Guinness is the standard stout. A pleasure to drink every time. As far as canned beers are concerned this is the best choice.

Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JUN 6, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2006 What can I say.This is the beer that started me off the mass produced crap. It is the food of the GODS, and I belive it to be irelands gift to the world. My personal favorite that you can find most anywear.