overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5185   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

Razor32 (2) - USA - APR 26, 2004 does not count
Being from some Irish decent, I am just addicted to this stuff. One of my favorites to get from the tap. Friends dont understand why or how I like it, but they are Bush Lite fans. :(

haddonsman (1234) - Derby, Derbyshire, ENGLAND - APR 26, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 27, 2008 This beer is responsible for me putting on three stones in weight when at university in the eighties. Bastard. Has an off-roasted tang to it with creamy licks. If all else fails at hotels, late bars and family parties, I’ll drink this. And smile. And drink better when I make it home.

walleye (1099) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - APR 25, 2004
black with hints of ruby around the edges nice tan head with good lasting lacing slight malt and chocolate. Was a little disappointed in this watery and not a lot of flavor and some bitterness at the end. If this was my first stout maybe I would think it is worth all the raving some give it

PullMeABeer (203) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - APR 24, 2004
UPDATED: APR 26, 2004 Nitro Draft "nellos". Looks black as night, and has a large thick nitro head. Aroma is of old bitter coffee (left over from the previous day, in a good way) and roast malt. Mmmm!!, Guinness. Body is creamy and full on the tongue but swallows thinner. Flavor is roasty, hints of bitter coffee, and a finishing aftertaste that makes Guinness the unique and enjoyable beverage it is.

Commodore (112) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 23, 2004
Well, certainly not what I expected. Doesn't mean it was bad though. Nice bitter taste came through, despite the nitro bubble and nitro head. I had it first round, but decided to pass on the second. Decent, wouldn't refuse.

bwanasafari (11) - Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA - APR 21, 2004
Christ. Black gold. The only reason I go back to Ireland. I cant say anymore

joshpiledean (316) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 21, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2004 I guess it can't be said enough. The standard in Stout. Good beer and enjoyed by most beer drinkers worldwide. Whatever.

DrunkenLooser (22) - Frankfort, Illinois, USA - APR 20, 2004
This is one of my favorites. Great on tap or in the can. Not too potent, so you can usually enjoy many pints safely.

KBeer (117) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 19, 2004
While not the bes stout out there this is the standard by which many are judged. Its a good beer and you can count on its quality when in an unknown pub.

winkle (478) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - APR 19, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 20, 2005 Ok it was once pretty good and the benchmark for the style. Seems to have lost some bitterness, alcohol, taste and body recently. Now brewed under licence by CUB at Yatala - uh oh, I can see the lager yeast being added right now.