overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5269   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

jpfisher99 (16) - Troy, New York, USA - MAY 6, 2001
Not as good as the extra stout -- it just doesnít have as much flavor to go with the bitterness.

JoeKnox (100) - Georgia, USA - MAY 2, 2001
Very good one of my favorites.:) not quite as good as Guinness Extra Stout though.

tdrake99 (3) - USA - MAY 1, 2001 does not count
the perfect beer

shorlin (721) - St. Johnís, Newfoundland, CANADA - APR 30, 2001
mmmmmmmmmm........

Tippie4 (97) - Auburn, Maine, USA - APR 25, 2001
Ok I hated this beer or coffee. This was a Starbuck product right? 1st the beer get more head then I do! That’s not right! 2nd it smells like day old coffee and that makes me want to puke. 3rd its black, by black I mean you can melt a black crayon and poor it an a glass and it looks the same. 4th and the big kicker Coors light yes the silver bullet has more alcohol in it then this burn residue. This was like eating coffee grounds and they charge an arm and a leg for it.

Sliddle99 (3) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 22, 2001 does not count
Beautiful head, supreme bitterness, lovely colour. It is a joy to consume and in my eyes would replace milk in my diet if I didnít have a job and family to care for :)

walterz42099 (61) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2001
Kinda like coffee

1.3
caper2299 (28) - Sydney River, Nova Scotia, CANADA - APR 19, 2001
I was suprised at the popularity of this beer as it did not interest me at all

1.4
Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - APR 18, 2001
The most stunningly over-rated beer of all time. Horridly flat, bark-like flavor and heavy, dragging body are supposeded to make me wish I were Irish? Hell no, laddie; your native beer is crap, be it from the bottle, the can, or the tap. Any American stout puts this one to shame. Horrible.

Brianroz99 (123) - Mullica Hill, New Jersey, USA - APR 18, 2001