overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5157   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

Soothsayer99 (23) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 2, 2001
If you have any sense, you won’t stop drinking this stout until you like it. no . . . until you LOVE it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
stosh99 (23) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 7, 2001
Some people say Guinness is an aquired taste, not for me. my alltime favorite beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Chigga99 (23) - Theodore, AUSTRALIA - DEC 13, 2001
Is Guinness is Good!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
biobier99 (23) - Neumarkt, GERMANY - DEC 19, 2001
I had it in London first. Back at home it didn´t taste very well out of a can.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
stormking (23) - Cuddy, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 24, 2002
I am so pleased that such a good beer is as widely available as it is. I am genuinely disappointed when I sit down in a restaurant and they don’t have Guinness on draft. You must witness the pour of a guinness. As it settles, it mesmerizes. (I especially like when the lass pouring puts a heart or shamrock on the amazingly light colored head. Coffee and chocolate flavors are apparent. I actually like the low alcohol content, because that means I get to drink more of it. Good with any food from appetizers to dessert. Just a great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
alimcb (23) - ENGLAND - JUL 11, 2003
Guinness has the unfortunate honour of being my "if all else fails" drink, which is a little unfair. A properly poured pint of the black stuff is better than most English beers, however, I have never tasted it in Ireland. Whether it's Northern Ireland or the Republic, I am told the Guinness over there is far better than in Britain. I really can't imagine anyone buying a can of Guinness in the USA really understanding what the beer is about. I only live 100 miles from Ireland but I feel I have to get on a ferry or aircraft before I'll really know what Guinness is all about.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
imradioboy (23) - USA - SEP 15, 2004
Everybody knows, and most love this beer. I’m not going to waste time telling you about how it pours dark, or has a great head. What is odd is that I initally disliked this beer; then one day began enjoying it, a lot. Plus it’s available everywhere.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jcanj (23) - Michigan, USA - OCT 13, 2004
This is not a bad Stout but there are a lot better ones out there. I know many people who fall in love with this beer and think it is the greatest but that have not tried "the good ones." It is nice to get this on tap at a lot of places and it wouldn’t be St. Patty’s day with out a Guinness with a shamrock.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
ssinger1485 (23) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - APR 29, 2007
The two part pour is beautiful. It’s like the Mona Lisa of beers. The bubbles slowly going to the top are amazingly thick. At first I thought I tasted a bit of a coffee flavor. I wrongfully had it with food, which overpowered the flavor of the beer, causing only bitterness/alcohol flavor to stick out. This is to be enjoyed alone.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RoleModlin (23) - North Carolina, USA - APR 30, 2007
Dark, creamy and bitter. Not the holy grail of beers as I was once told...but still a pretty darn good drink.