overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (AB InBev)
Style: Dry Stout
London, Canada

RATINGS: 1845   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Labatt’s brew a pale ale base to which is added the unfermented but hopped Guinness wort extract. Guinness Extra Stout is brewed in Canada by Labatt under license from Arthur Guinness Son & Company. Editor’s Note: It looks like Moosehead is also brewing Guinness. Bottles in the US are from there of late, but Canadian bottles are still showing Labatt. 04/23/06

pwyman (71) - Hubert, North Carolina, USA - FEB 9, 2003
Rich roast flavor. Syrupy in consistancy but this is expected. No after taste, and goes down smooth. Not a beer to guzzle.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2007 Not as fresh tasting as the draugt. It’s on the bitter side and all too heavy. It’s not what I would call bad, but I miss the creany coffee like flavors of it’s more famous counterpart.

beerslayer (753) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 8, 2003
Not a bad dry stout from Guinness. Coffee and roasted flavor. Smooth and carbinate with a slightly bitter finish.

desurfer (1302) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - FEB 8, 2003
More bitter and carbonated than original Guinness. The only thing extra is some more alcohol and a higher price. Still a pretty good beer.

awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 7, 2003
Having had on tap and then trying the bottled version I will definatley stick with tap. Found this version to be more watery than tap versions.

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 7, 2003
If you wan't to throw up drink this straight from the bottle. It is nasty. In a glass it's better. Nice black color and tan head. The taste is ok, but I've had a very bad experience from drinking this stuff straight from the bottle. Looking at it makes me want to gag.

raymow (1650) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 6, 2003
What can you say - if you're gonna drink a Stout, look no further than Guinness. Atrue classic. Great dark color and foamy white head. Top notch.

PorterPounder (7970) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 2, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 1, 2005 Rerate Just does not do it for me anymore - all around boring and lifeless Original 3.8 Fond memeories of this in my youth (14 yrs old)- used to sell newspaper subscriptions door to door and the guy who took us around would reward us with Guninness - why? I don’t know! Could barely stomach it then - could not imagine how anybody would want to drink it! Now that my taste buds have matured - I can appreciate it a bit more. Nice dark black pour with a creamy off-white head with a decent bit of lacing. Roasty flavor, very subtle coffee undertones - bit of a chalky aftertaste. Sours a tad bit near the end - but overall, still a winner.

Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JAN 29, 2003
One of my first "real" beers so long ago. Roasty smokey nose, black, bitter stout.

GregL40 (97) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 26, 2003
Flatter than the regular with no creamy head and bitterness that has no body to balance it.