overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (AB InBev)
Style: Dry Stout
London, Canada

RATINGS: 1869   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Labattís brew a pale ale base to which is added the unfermented but hopped Guinness wort extract. Guinness Extra Stout is brewed in Canada by Labatt under license from Arthur Guinness Son & Company. Editorís Note: It looks like Moosehead is also brewing Guinness. Bottles in the US are from there of late, but Canadian bottles are still showing Labatt. 04/23/06

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 6, 2002
another winner from these guys my opinion there the best out there in the lower end of the price scale
Earlier Rating: 11/6/2002 Total Score: 4.3
itís just so damn good.Iíve been a guinness addict ever since my first pint

jedimasternick (96) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 5, 2002
A superior stout that has a smoothness most should envy. A perfect brew on many levels.

vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 5, 2002
It has been a while since I have tried this so take this with a grain of salt. It is very similar to the draught, but much crisper and bitter. Overall I did not like it as much as the draught. The problem is that I now cannot drink the draught without getting sick...

DankbrewedDank (162) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 2, 2002
This was a decent brew, a free beer I found in my fridge. Nice taste with balanced bitterness. Has a slight roasted coffee after-taste.

delacerveza (166) - Florida, USA - NOV 2, 2002
i canít believe iíve never rated guinness. mayhap cause iím always knee up to a bar minding my own beeswax...anyway, what could i possibly say. iíll let my numbers speak for themselves. only a beer lover will love guinness. (and i love it even though iím a bit tired of it)

scottyg (79) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - NOV 1, 2002
A bit too bitter for my liking. I like the taste, but the aftertaste is a bit overpowering and leaves your mouth dry. Nice roasted or smokey flavor. Not as good as Draught, but maybe it is to you if you really like Stouts.

Rhino (57) - USA - OCT 31, 2002

Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 28, 2002
Opaque black. Tan head. Slightly skunky, burnt/roasted aroma. Mealy flavors. Nice and sweet first, earthy roasted flavor, medium bodied, black coffe flavor, and finishes with strong lingering dry bitter hops. A world classic. By no means my favorite dry stout.

Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2002
Black like the draught, but the head isnít as creamy. Many of the same flavors as the original, but with CO2 itís just not the same.

stephen (308) - California, USA - OCT 21, 2002
A little more punch than draft Guinness. Slightly more bitter, roasty, chocolatey and astringent. Very, very good beer. Very good stout and would drink this one again.