overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (AB InBev)
Style: Dry Stout
London, Canada

RATINGS: 1776   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Labatt’s brew a pale ale base to which is added the unfermented but hopped Guinness wort extract. Guinness Extra Stout is brewed in Canada by Labatt under license from Arthur Guinness Son & Company. Editor’s Note: It looks like Moosehead is also brewing Guinness. Bottles in the US are from there of late, but Canadian bottles are still showing Labatt. 04/23/06

bbrock81 (317) - Le Mars, Iowa, USA - NOV 17, 2002
A good beer, but not as good as draft. This is more bitter, more hoppy, just plain more. It is not as nicely balanced as on tap, although it is still quite smooth. If you like stouts a lot, I'm sure you've had it and probably liked it.

Frank (4235) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 15, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2010 Very dark brownish black, entirely opaque. Initially, an exceptional brown head that leaves an island of foam in the center of the glass. Lacing is spotty and brown. Overall look reminds me of a rootbeer float. Much more flavorful than Guinness Draght--hoppier and maltier. Pleasant sweet malty aroma and flavor combined with a distinct bitterness from the hops. Leaves a slight sticky feel on the tongue and tastes like it might have spent an extra week or two on the boat over. Overall, an excellent beer.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 6, 2002
another winner from these guys my opinion there the best out there in the lower end of the price scale
Earlier Rating: 11/6/2002 Total Score: 4.3
it's just so damn good.I've been a guinness addict ever since my first pint

jedimasternick (96) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 5, 2002
A superior stout that has a smoothness most should envy. A perfect brew on many levels.

vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 5, 2002
It has been a while since I have tried this so take this with a grain of salt. It is very similar to the draught, but much crisper and bitter. Overall I did not like it as much as the draught. The problem is that I now cannot drink the draught without getting sick...

DankbrewedDank (162) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 2, 2002
This was a decent brew, a free beer I found in my fridge. Nice taste with balanced bitterness. Has a slight roasted coffee after-taste.

delacerveza (166) - Florida, USA - NOV 2, 2002
i can't believe i've never rated guinness. mayhap cause i'm always knee up to a bar minding my own beeswax...anyway, what could i possibly say. i'll let my numbers speak for themselves. only a beer lover will love guinness. (and i love it even though i'm a bit tired of it)

scottyg (79) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - NOV 1, 2002
A bit too bitter for my liking. I like the taste, but the aftertaste is a bit overpowering and leaves your mouth dry. Nice roasted or smokey flavor. Not as good as Draught, but maybe it is to you if you really like Stouts.

Rhino (57) - USA - OCT 31, 2002
..................................................

Hopistotle420 (1177) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 28, 2002
Opaque black. Tan head. Slightly skunky, burnt/roasted aroma. Mealy flavors. Nice and sweet first, earthy roasted flavor, medium bodied, black coffe flavor, and finishes with strong lingering dry bitter hops. A world classic. By no means my favorite dry stout.