overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Ertvelde, Belgium

RATINGS: 2756   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 315   ABV: 10.5%
Gulden Draak is a high fermentation beer with secondary fermentation. For the secondary fermentation, wine yeast is used. The white bottle, the black banner, the golden dragon and the red letters, constitute a stylish result that has no equal among the many Belgian special beers. Gulden Draak can be drunk as an aperitif or dessert, or whenever you have the time to sit back and relax. But this barley wine is also perfect with and in stews, especially the Ghent variety. It is also a plus in sauces for red meat, such as a bordelaise. It is particularly suited as a dessert beer, especially in combination with dark chocolate.

Bill Becker (1365) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 16, 2017
From Oct 2005 bought 2 bottles of this stuff at Wilbur's in Ft. Collins, Colorado. Pours so darned beautifully ending up a dark gold in my Chimay glass. Nice head that lingers with very nice lacing around the glass. The smell is a superb apple, reminiscent of my favourite soda..Jones Green Apple. I couldn't wait to dive right in. ;^) The taste is a plethora of fruity flavours that are dominated by apple but yet aren't.(if you catch my meaning) At 10% abv, I want to just sip and enjoy but the drinkabilty of this brew has to be experienced to be appreciated. This is, for me, a truly world class experience in Triples and I'll certainly buy it again! Long live the Golden Dragon!!

sebsky (269) - ENGLAND - OCT 9, 2017
330 ml bottle,bb 15/03/2019. Dark red,clear. Nose - sweet cherry,prune,stewed fruit,hard candy. Taste - sweet,prune,red grape,cherry.