RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 1.24/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82/5   ABV: -
Since top fermenting ales were made in Germany long before the advent of bottom fermenting lager beers, the surviving ales in Germany are called "Alt" or "Old" beers. They endured in two places: Dusseldorf and Cologne. Gustav Werner Alt Amber Ale is brewed in this classic top fermenting style, dark and full bodied with a flavorful hint of apples and grapes. Try it! Move back in time a few hundred years!

Most RecentTicked By

thealcoholic's rating

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
thealcoholic (104) - Hilbert, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 8, 2002
I must agree with my fellow beer raters. This does taste like shit. Compared to all the European beers i have tried this is not even close to an old european beer.

gripweed57 (2862) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - APR 30, 2017
From old tasting notes. Amber red color. Small bubbly beige head. Soft toasted malt aroma. Bittersweet toasted malt flavor. Chewy malt finish is spicy and dry.

0.7
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JAN 3, 2006
WARNING, Not one of the 12 GREATEST BREW! I have to sample all 12, as my wife got this for me and with her not liking ratebeer as it is, I want her to think she did good. The thought counts.

0.9
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - DEC 17, 2002
As with the rest of the beers from this sampler pack - this was terrible. More orange beer, slight aroma of rotten fruit.

Dogbrick (13763) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Part of the '12 Greatest Brews of the World' sampler pack found at my local Wal-Mart. I really hope that a typical macro drinker does not use this package as their first foray into trying new beers, because these brews will surely send them screaming back to the comforts of BudMillerCoors. Pours a murky orange (again) color with a thin off-white head. Vague aroma of sour apples. Flavor is bitingly sour with a dry, slightly hoppy finish. I am hoping these beers are at least doing some good in cleaning our my drainpipes.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 6, 2002
Alright, So your actually telling me that this stuff goes by the name of gusatv. So already I've checked my sack at the door, and now I'M supposed to tell all the people round the world how i really enjoyed the texture of this paste like brew, and how I really thought that it had a robust, old european flavor, well fuck no, this was some shit, Brock tried to plead his case that this one was , actually no he didn;t, we were in complet compliance that this was shit. period..

0.6
BrockLandersLS (109) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 6, 2002
Absolute shee-ot!!! I can not believe that this swill is actually considered beer! This beer puts the suc in sucks balls! The icemane and myself JUST suffered through this beer and were bitter, very bitter. It had no taste and was strangely reminiscent of Scholz beer, hmmmm...almost as if scholz was made by the same brewer. Anyway before bying this beer just lick a random guy's sweaty nut sack and it will taste better!