overall
RATINGS: 1803   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Adam is a recreation of a historic beer-style, originally made in Dortmund, Germany and was the first Beer ever released from this Brewery. He is made with Northwest hops, organic pilsner malt, and a variety of specialty grains. The beer is rich and smokey, with notes of chocolate and dark fruit. Best served as a dessert beer. It is great with cigars, or just a warm fire and good company.

beerinmarch (2830) - Washington, USA - JUN 10, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 3, 2004 I had this brew on tap at the HOTD brewery. One hell of an amazing beer, dark brown/red color with an off-white head. Strong malty aroma with some amazing hops blended in. Taste was sweet with hints of dark fruit from the malt, with almost a smoke finish. Way to go Alan on bringing back a once extinct brew style.

brownaler (663) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUN 9, 2004
A totally unique beer. The best term I can use is Imperial Brown Ale that has a barleywine like finish. I need to get some more.

UNCCTF (584) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - JUN 9, 2004
Bottled; Batch #59. Brownaler described this at our tasting as "an Imperial brown ale" and I tend to agree. A very hoppy flavor with very spicy notes throughout. Finish was smooth and warming. A new all-time favorite for me.

zathrus13 (1776) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - JUN 7, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 8, 2004 Color is dark brown, with aromas of hops, alcohol, burnt malt and oak. Taste is similar to a thin bodied stout; chocolate, toasty malt, some coffee, and a slight bitter aftertaste. Very interesting and unique. Thanks to sick_boy282 for this one.

desurfer (1302) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 3, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2004 Pours a deep, hazy garnet with an oversized tan head. Aroma of cherries, plums, yeast, and a bit of alcohol. Very vinous. Flavor is quite alcoholic with a decent amount of sweet and bitter, nicely balanced. Not a lot of carbonation considering the huge head formation. Like a fine red wine, except much cheaper!

Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - MAY 30, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2004 Dark brown beer with a foamy light tan head. Aroma is full and sweet with tones of chocolate and cake and some alcohol - very delicious. Flavor is sweet at first but ends in a bitter dry finish. Fruit, dark roasted malt and some smokey tones. A thick mouthful and an excellent beer. Thanks for the trade Scott (austinpowers)!

Hab40oz (242) - Grants Pass, Oregon, USA - MAY 28, 2004
very good stron ale, 10% alcohol, you got to love that. very rich malts and a tangy zip make this brew very interesting and satifying to drink. Thick head to watch out for when poring, dark cloudy brown color, head lacing last a long time. I highly recommend this beer for the brew conesuer

SpringsLicker (3642) - Tennessee, USA - MAY 24, 2004
Batch #57. Smuggled through UTAH!!! Thanks Killer!! This gushes into the glass. Creamy, lasting, lacing, off white foam. The aroma is complex, improving as it warms. toasted malt, prunes, butterscotch, vanilla and oak are all in the blend. A burnt espresso overlay is added as the aromas become flavors. I’d like to try some more Hair of the Dog brews.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - MAY 18, 2004
200th beer. Explosion of flavors. Sweet, bitter, citrus, coffee, chocolate all wrapped up into a single sip. Very Potent. Buck Dich is my new personal saviour!!! Very much like the potentcy of a 3 floyds product. Hits ya and keeps hitting ya. Way better choice than Kemper Berry Weizen. What the hell was I thinking. Jordan you da man!!! I hate to say this but this is much better than my three floyds I’ve consumed. Wow!!!! There’s only one way to do this offering justice. Its way more than I expected. For that, it deserves a 6.0 but this site doesn’t offer anything higher than perfection. So I must submit its a perfect brew. Can’t say anything more to do it justice.

Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 16, 2004
I loved this beer. Grew on me the more I drank. Kind of weird at first, but the malt character grows on you quickly. Nice alcohol content as well. Would buy it again!