overall
RATINGS: 1793   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Adam is a recreation of a historic beer-style, originally made in Dortmund, Germany and was the first Beer ever released from this Brewery. He is made with Northwest hops, organic pilsner malt, and a variety of specialty grains. The beer is rich and smokey, with notes of chocolate and dark fruit. Best served as a dessert beer. It is great with cigars, or just a warm fire and good company.

mrbeakersalesman99 (17) - USA - MAR 10, 2001
Oakes comments say it all....Pretty much anything this guy says I take to heart....he definitely knows great beer. All I can say to Oakes is, Cheers!

joet (2560) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - AUG 6, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2010 Brilliantly defined and bright. This is a primarily malty brew with layers of wood, roast, and fruit. An interesting tobacco spicy finish. Very textural. A beer that makes special occasions. Also, this seems to have gotten more consistently awesome than any other beer I have ever tried. After trying many other "bests", and in terms of consistency, its very clear to me that Adam is rightfully the very best beer in the world.

seven7dust (11) - Missoula, Montana, USA - FEB 16, 2003
Best Beer I've ever had. I kept it stored for about 6 months, opened it, and enjoyed every ounce.

Rastacouere (6174) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 21, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2010 Apperance is a dark brown with ruby reflects. Generous beige head that sticks to the glass like glue, every bubble is ultra-small and identical to its neighbor. Complex aroma reminiscent of port wine, grapes,licorice, plums, alcohol. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium to full body. Very complex. Theres just a little bit of everything in that beer it seems. Plenty of malty fruitiness with figs, plums, raspberries without neglecting brown sugar, smokey chocolate, nuts, spices. I hate to say it, but Et Cetera... Thats very big and deep stuff, but anyone would like it I believe. A lot of fresh hops character contributes to the intensity. The aftertaste is great, delicate, hoppy, but almost not bitter, superbly warming and pleasant. Out of this world balance considering the enormous quantities of malt and hops. MartinT had warned me this was religious stuff-> RIGHT ON! Probably the best beer to ever cross my glass. I bet this ages well too. At 4.12, this is almost under-rated. If I have the chance to taste something better than this, I dont mind going to hell. I owe you one Jazz88!

This beer has shown very variable over the last few samples, but when its on and pours with a huge head, youll know it was worth the 2 or 3 bottles you bought that were *only* worthy high 3s or low 4s.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - MAY 18, 2004
200th beer. Explosion of flavors. Sweet, bitter, citrus, coffee, chocolate all wrapped up into a single sip. Very Potent. Buck Dich is my new personal saviour!!! Very much like the potentcy of a 3 floyds product. Hits ya and keeps hitting ya. Way better choice than Kemper Berry Weizen. What the hell was I thinking. Jordan you da man!!! I hate to say this but this is much better than my three floyds Ive consumed. Wow!!!! Theres only one way to do this offering justice. Its way more than I expected. For that, it deserves a 6.0 but this site doesnt offer anything higher than perfection. So I must submit its a perfect brew. Cant say anything more to do it justice.

mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - NOV 28, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2005 12oz bottle, #55. Cellar temp...massive foam! I got about 2oz of beer in my glass topped with 10 oz of dark foam, and I poured slowly and carefully! Smells like a decaying herb garden in autumn with somebody frying bacon nearby. Great lace....Bacon and ham is unreal in the nose...foam has finallly settled so I can get a drink....and it drinks like a Rauch Impy Stout...Impressive...Roastiness not really there like a stout, but so much more is...Thats not doing this complex beautiful beast justice, but thats all I can do...just tastes gorgeous, makes me not mind the foamy pour, it was fun to sit and smell it for 5min! Score 4.5/5 A9 Ap4 F9 P4 O19 Batch#59 almost exactly 2 years in the bottle for this one...phenomenal...no smokey/bacon aroma, just intense fruitiness soaked in dark chocolate....a frothy pour again, but I managed to get about 8oz of beer into the glass anyway...this makes the Full Sail Black Gold IS I drank before it look like childs play...this thing is so big, beautiful and voluptuous that it has blown me away...Ive always loved Adam...this just proves it might be artisinal brewing at its pinnacle. this gets 5s across the board.

EdPaulsen (117) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 23, 2005
finally found this beer on the east coast at brickskellers, though it was 12$ a bottle. probably one of the best ive ever had. tasted of roasted malt, tobacco, smoke, sweet, alcohol, full bodied. the only bad thing you could say is its not super super drinkable, but that is clearly not the point with this stuff. very individual and worth seeking out in every way

bootylicious (1) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - JAN 23, 2005 does not count
Batch #62. Very dark, almost black. Usually has a nice thick, dark tan head, although this bottle in particular doesnt. The taste is very smokey, also kind of nutty, with hints of coffee and chocolate. This is definitely a beer you could sit down and sip for a long time. Ive had many of these, and I must say that every bottle/batch is different, but I have NEVER been let down!

Pailhead (6529) - Plymouth, Michigan, USA - MAY 4, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2010 Bottle: The aroma consists of moderate chocolate, fruit, smoke, a touch of roast, wood, and alcohol. It pours a dark brown with some orange highlights and a large creamy beige head with excellent retention and clumpy lacing. The flavor starts with lots of chocolate, plum, and raisin. The finish has some light smoke, citrus, roast, faint alcohol, and a touch of coffee. Medium-full bodied with soft carbonation and a creamy mouthfeel. I dont know if Ill ever find out how well this beer ages as I simply dont have the self control to let one sit for any real amount of time.

ChrisPants (317) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 13, 2005
Batch 63 from big-ass bottle purchased at Zipps in Minneapolis. I really feel that this beer is cheating. I know for a fact that my rating is too high, but I shared the bottle with some friends I hadnt seen in years, the night before my wedding. Rich caramel, coffee, madagascar chocolate cut with condensed milk, dark homemade bread, pork roast. BUttery, creamy, bursting with round flavors. THis takes all the best elements of North Coasts Rasputin Imperial, mixes them with the nonchalance of Newcastle, puts on a tux and shoves them down your throat. Smoother than Sean Connery judgiing a panty-dropping competition.