overall
Brewed by Half Pints Brewing Co.
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Winnipeg, Canada

RATINGS: 165   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
To admit that the brewer at Half Pints is a bit of a hophead is an understatement. This India Pale Ale is unabashedly hoppy, not only from the Amarillo hops we add to the brew kettle, but also from the northwest U.S. variety called Cascade that we add directly to the final tank. A firm toasted malt presence forms the background for all of these hops, and we're confident our Little Scrapper IPA could take other so-called IPA's to the mat if called upon to do so. Try it with a curry or a basket of beer battered fish & chips. Serve in a glass at 8 degrees celcius. Unpasturized.

McTiggs (1) - CANADA - JUN 3, 2009 does not count
An amazing IPA, perfectly bitter and spicy. Probably the best beer ever brewed in Winnipeg. Each sip is a trip to heaven on a grapefruit flavoured carriage.

lovehops (3) - Medicine Hat, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 3, 2010 does not count
Great Stuff...Good bang for your buck....I have chatted with the Brewmaster via email....Great guy.....I really like the the fact they dry hop this beer at the end, it gives so much more hoppy flavor!....I like the fact every beer in the brewery is bottled by hand.....Some dedicated guy’s for sure!! Cheers....Jeff..

mnurda (1285) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - AUG 20, 2006
Wow. Finally an IPA available in Winnipeg that I would leave the house for. I will be requesting this everywhere I go from now on. Way to go Dave and Half Pints Brewing Co. And thanks to Piscator for dropping it off.

sleepdirt (169) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - NOV 4, 2006
I was happy when I saw this hophead appear. An excellent IPA, very hoppy but with good flavour balance. One of the best I’ve tasted of this style.

matrix_can (1) - Alberta, CANADA - APR 27, 2011 does not count
citrus, floral, amber, clear, minimal head, medium sweetness, medium bitterness, medium sourness, medium body, average carbonation,

SuperTiti33 (891) - Aylmer, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 19, 2013
Au Brothers Beer Bistro. 341ml. 6% 50 IBU. Blonde foncée. Nez floral. Fruité. Pamplemousse. Agrume. Un peu de malt. Bouche : légèrement grillé. Houblonné. Agrume. Orange. Belle amertume. Malté. Orange confite. Très très bien.

andrewturba (1190) - Alberta, CANADA - NOV 12, 2012
UPDATED: APR 19, 2013 Pours a great slightly cloudy golden colour. Aprox 3/4 an inch of nice white head that slowly shrinks leaving decent lace. Smells of pine, grapefruit, and a light toasted malt profile on the nose. Taste is majorly of grapefruit balanced by some roasted malt. Fantastic ipa.

Miss_Honeybee (5) - CANADA - JUL 29, 2014 does not count
I love the combination of citrus and bitter flavours in this beer! With a nice zippy level of carbonation this is a great refreshing beer for a hot day, and I could see it pairing well with grilled seafood, or perhaps lime tortilla chips and fresh guacamole.

Sheffee (28) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUL 9, 2013
Everything a good IPA should be; great piney, grapefruit hops and rich malt on the nose. Aromas follow through on the palate with an appetizing bitter finish. A definite "go-to" for IPA lovers.

dkazuk (248) - winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - OCT 25, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2008 660ml bottle.
Pours a slightly hazy honey orange with a fair white head. Leaves a nice bit of lacing. Aroma is strong grapefruity hops with bready, caramely roasted malts. Flavour is lightly sweet with lots of grassy, eartthy hops, finishing with a light sour bitterness. Medium body and carbonation. Light mouthfeel. Very Nice.