overall
Brewed by Half Pints Brewing Co.
Style: Baltic Porter
Winnipeg, Canada

RATINGS: 73   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Finally, something to look forward to this Pothole season! Brewed using pale, crystal, chocolate, and melanoidin malts. Finish hopped with UK Fuggles, and aged with french oak. Cool fermented and lagered out for a sweet, toasty finish.

thepegjett (1281) - Cambridge (via Winnipeg), Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - APR 17, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 25, 2010 A - Roasted chocolate, caramel and sherry A - Very dark with non-existent head F - Dry kind of bland start with a bitter finish P - A touch thin O - I love this brewery, but this was not my favorite

piscator34 (2646) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - APR 14, 2008
Near black in colour with moderate carbonation. Aromas of chocolate fudge, mild roasted coffee, and a bit of vanilla caramel. More chocolate baking in the mouth, along with caramel malts upfront. The cold coffee notes come through stronger on the back end, along with some very mild grainy wood and a bit of spicy hop. Thick milkshake-like body. Definitely less fruity than some other baltics I’ve had, I think this one would qualify under a "strong porter" category if one existed. Nice to see that the oak treatment isn’t over the top (not that I expected it to be). Very nice.

dkazuk (248) - winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - APR 2, 2008
341ml bottle. *sigh*
Deep deep brown beer with a medium sized toffee coloured head. Light fluffy body. Smooth texture. Aroma is sweet with light chocolate and a bit heavier coffee notes as well as some of that crystal coming through. Finishes nicely dry and bitter. Good stuff.

TheHumanKeg (6) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAR 20, 2008 does not count
The Aroma is malty with hints of oak. It’s appearance is as dark as asphalt, very suitable for the name. This Porter is very flavorful light chocolaty taste overall maltiness and yes there are notes of oak. I found the pothole porter fairly delightful however when I tried it it was not yet fully carbonated, it will definitly be better when it is. I’m looking forward to it’s release however most of my friends would likely cringe to it’s tar like darkness. Oh well, That means more for me :)