overall
Brewed by Half Pints Brewing Co.
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Winnipeg, Canada

RATINGS: 20   MEAN: 3.53/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
Our Oktoberfest Lager spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon bark, allspice and some vanilla. Labeled as Oktoberfest and bottled into 341ml. with a goofy lookin’ dollar store halloween sticker on the cap.

BVery (11361) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - NOV 11, 2012
Bottle via trade with Andrew - thanks! Amber pour with a small soapy head. Cinnamon, vanilla, and pumpkin pie elements. Quite tasty!

jercraigs (10886) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 29, 2012
2012-10-27. Crisp dark amber, small frothy beige head. (Possibly the clearest beer I had at the festival, impressively so.) 3+ Aroma is pleasantly spicy in a way that I have trouble pinpointing. Nutmeg? cinnamon? Mild malt underneath. 7+ Flavour is similarly quite spicey, more of what I am calling nutmeg but I am not entirely sure that is what it is. Muted fruity undertones (I wrote down pumpkin but I’m pretty sure that’s just in my head - I don’t think there is even pumpkin in this.) and mild sweet malt below. 7+ Average plus bodied palate, soft carbonation. 3+ Pretty nice stuff. Cask Days 2012 at Brick Works, Toronto

mabel (9787) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 30, 2012
[4885-20121027] Cask. Light allspice and fresh gingerbread aroma. Clear, amber orange body with a quick foamy white head. Harsh gingerbread continues in the flavour with a light fruitiness. Medium body. Tasty brew. (10/3/7/3/15) 3.8
(Cask Days 2012 @ Brickworks, Toronto, ON)

blankboy (7808) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 28, 2012
Cask at Cask Days 2012. Twelfth beer of the fest. Pours a hazy golden-amber with an average size long-lasting bubbly off-white head. Great aroma with lots of pumpkin, lots of spice and vegetal (in a good way) -- not sweet like some Pumpkin beers which I appreciate. Delicious flavour of pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Average to medium bodied. One of the best Pumpkin beers I’ve had all year (and I’ve had lots)

Radek Kliber (7483) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - NOV 9, 2012
At Cask Beer Festival 2012
Aroma golden sweet malts , sweet sided with spices on top.7+
Appearance poured as hazy amber with rocky top.3+
Flavor and Palate : Biscuit sweet malts , clean in character. Delicate carbonation with sharper flavor notes. Milder finish. Solid effort.

HogTownHarry (7065) - Toronto (Harbourfront), CANADA - JUN 4, 2013
October 28, 2012 - 8th Annual Volo Cask Days. Hazy coppery orange with a smallish frothy beige head. Some "real" pumpkin vegetable malt and pumpkin spices up front but it’s very oily, like oil-based paint - a little sharp and clingy in the nose - a bit buttery too, hmmm .... Taste is nice - no diacetyl, just as it should be - graham crackers and pumpkin spices - crazy, but just over the line to 8/10; not much alcohol presence - solid background bitterness too, but you hardly notice it. Solid body - chewy, slick, not much carbonation at all, has a surprisingly long spicy dry herbal finish. Smelled not good at all, but ultimately this is one of the better pumpkin beers - on keg it might just sing and be a high 3’s beer.

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 1, 2010
In short: A pleasantly drinkable very spicy ale.
How: Bottle 12oz. Consumed fresh soon after the beer release. Sent to me by Oakbluff, thanks a lot Scott
The look: Clear amber topped by a long-lasting small beige head
In long:
Me: : The nose is very spicy with notes of cinnamon, anise, nutmeg and more.
Punk Beer: : Fuck off, I smell like I smell.
Me: Body is pleasantly full a pillowy.
Punk Beer: F* you, I’m not pillowy, I’m spiky and I sleep on a concrete floor.
Me: Whole-wheat bread, bread dough, pumpkin pie, spices, pumpkin seeds, fruit cake.
Punk Beer: I love pumpin pie, do you have some spare change?
Me: In mouth the spices are a well integrated and not as overwhelming as in the aroma.
Punk Beer: overwhelming… is good?
Me: Carbonation is smooth.
Punk Beer: Piss off. Don’t call me smooth, I’m as tough as a… a… something tough
Me: Overall this was surprisingly very drinkable for a spicy beer and I enjoyed it despite the fact that I’m not very found of spicy beer. .
Punk Beer: Do you have some spare change?

northropfrye (3693) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - OCT 20, 2012
Amber colour with beige creamy head. Aroma of cinnamon and vanilla. Taste is wonderfully sweet vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin, and a bit of sour/bitter finish. Quality.

cards04 (2923) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - OCT 21, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 2, 2012 Pours a nice bronzy/red colour. Massive vanilla and spice nose...almost made me sneeze I got so much cinnamon. Awesome. Tastes like a pumpkin pie...spicy, and sweet.

piscator34 (2647) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - DEC 8, 2009
Oakbluff was forward thinking enough to grab an exta bottle for me on the brewery only release for this beer... big thanks buddy! Amber in colour with moderate carbonation. Aromas are of nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, allspice, and mace along with trace elements of caramel and munich malts. The more traditional oktoberfest beer elements of whole wheat bread and rich malts come through more upon tasting, and the spicing remains strong and well intengrated. Medium bodied with a savory and somewhat abrupt finish. I haven’t had a whole lot (if any) of pumpkin spiced beers before, but I quite enjoyed this one. I hope Dave repeats this one, and makes a bit more of it next time.