RATINGS: 57   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 117   ABV: 3.9%
A special light beer with a premium taste.

nike (966) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 2, 2012
Good grass cutting beer. Thank to “cheap”, and I agree that the original Hamm’s is probably better “lighter, smoother and better behaved”. But, this one isn’t bad, serve ice cold for a crisp taste to this one. Can’t beat the price on this one.

Patrickctenchi (6693) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - JUN 6, 2012
Can to English Pint. Pours astonishingly clear, pale gold... Foamy white head. Scent is cardboard box,wet corn. Taste is similar....more water, more weak grain. I’d pick the regular Hamm’s anytime. They didn’t put the Hamm’s Bear on the can.....not because today it’s a politically/socially unacceptable marketing ploy......it’s because he would be sad.

cheap (6016) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 3, 2012
Looks as good as ony other clean pale lager. Smell is a little off but not bad. Taste has a little cardboard in ther but never approaches the cardboard of coors beers. Don’t think this is as good os the hamms I rated yesterday. Cannot really find anything bad about this fairly mild lager beer. Has a tad of that pocessed feel to it. Yep, not bad overall. I think that regular hamms is even lighter & smoother and more behaved than this. 25 cents for a 12 oz can in a case of thirty at my local distributor.

0.9
shrubber85 (11582) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Can. Slightly sour, stale corn/barley malt aroma. Pale yellow color with small head. Light slightly sweet barley malt flavor. Palate mainly water - just a hint of malt in the finish. On the positive side, no bad flavors. On the negative side, very little flavor at all. Almost worth the $2.95 I paid for the sixer.

seymour (2107) - Maplewood, Missouri, USA - JAN 4, 2012
Tasted from can into a rocks glass, which was more than I could stand. Light golden color, extremely short-lived white foam. Aromas of mushy corn bread and very, very, very distant, oxidized hops. Even less beer flavor than "original" Hamm’s, plus a bizarre, tart, sticky, long-lasting, artificial sweetener aftertaste. Just awful. I don’t care how cheap this stuff is, anywhere it’s sold I promise you have better options. Bleh!

crossovert (13745) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 24, 2011
One of the better light beers, but still incredibly poor. IT is light, golden, fizzy, not good.

dekester1 (369) - Town of Maple Creek, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 8, 2011
Poured a pale yellow with a decent head that faded slowly to minimal lacing. Aroma was mainly of corn/grains with a fruity hint. Taste was mainly of corn and adjuncts with a light to moderate hop finish. Mouthfeel was on the thin side. Overall, a typical macro light brew that is very cheap.

Liquiddinner (11) - M.O.P. aka Mayor of Perkins, Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2009
You should always keep some of this in stock for guests. That way you keep the BLatz Light for yourself. And if you run totally out of the Blight, this still will get your drunk on. And that’s a responsibility

Reid (2610) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JAN 31, 2009
Tasting out of a can as the good Lord intended! I can imagine the color is pale yellow. medium carbonation, smells of grain/corn. kinda smooth, grainy, small bitterness, finishes well. Actually not bad for a light beer..though with over 8gs. of carbs is it really light?

0.7
OzarkElmo (319) - Poplar Bluff, Missouri, USA - DEC 30, 2008
Hands-down (or is it Hamms-down) the WORST beer I have ever had. Froma keg in college over 20 years ago. Flat, made me sick as an alley dog after eating 50 grub worms. No head, even in plastic cup. Bitter, bitter memories I wish I could erase from my mind