RATINGS: 57   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 117   ABV: 3.9%
A special light beer with a premium taste.

JohnnyOS (646) - Golden, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2006
Pours a pale golden yellow. Aroma of corn, grains and some hops with a watery flavor muddled with some hops.

oldrtybastrd (5003) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 28, 2005
Pours a golden yellow color. Aromas of corn, grains, and a touch of hops. Flavor is crisp.

0.7
trokini (1025) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 12, 2005
From the land of sky-blue waters...comes this incredibly bad beer. This stuff can’t even make the cut at a fraternity party. The two reasons I gave it a 0.7: (1) Its "light" so there’s less of the flavor of ass, and (2) its still better than Olympia.

badgerben (5253) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2005
To say this was a light yellow color would be a vast understatement. Pretty thick head. Aroma was slightly skunky grains. The taste was mellow to say the least. Very subdued silo flavor. Muddled corn and barley. There are certainly more swillish beers than this, but it’s not great.

HammsDrinker (21) - Dollar Bay, Michigan, USA - APR 11, 2005
UPDATED: APR 14, 2005 Opening the hunting camp in the fall is a magical experience: the musty smell, the Hamm’s signs dusted with cobwebs, the brisk autumn air...The leaves crunch under my feet as my worries disappear in that Upper Michigan wilderness. An owl can be heard in the distance. Back at camp, the sauna and grill get lit, and a cooler of Hamm’s takes center stage. The sun goes down, and coyotes howl at the full moon. I climb into my down sleeping bag, gullet full of Hamm’s. I wake up and have Hamm’s and eggs for breakfast. The road hunt is on, with good cigars, hardroll sandwiches, Waylon Jennings on 8-track, and plenty of ice cold Hamm’s.

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2005
UPDATED: APR 14, 2005 This is a great beer to stand around and pour over a barbequed ham as it’s cooking. In a pail of ice, this beer is hands down better than all the macro light beers out there. I’ve shotgunned a lot of these in my day. My dad always buys it, and has an antique Hamm’s cooler to put it in. It brings back many fond memories.

seanmn (10) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 21, 2005
If you live in the upper midwest you know of the legendary Hamms name...remember the Hamms bear? overall I find this to be just as good as beer as any

Crash (532) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - SEP 13, 2004
This beer wasn’t that bad but, I don’t see me getting it again. If I needed something to drink and it was all there was, I would go for it. We had Hamm’s last year and it was that bad. Hamm’s Special Light is just the same with a little less taste.

punklawyer (100) - USA - FEB 13, 2004
Easy to drink. Full flavored and not watery like so many other light beers. A good alternative.

1.3
hayden1215 (319) - Ohio, USA - AUG 16, 2003
Born from the land of sky blue water!? This beer is good for the price, but life is too short for drinking this crap.