RATINGS: 477   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Hamm’s, first brewed in 1865, an America’s classic premium beer, "Born in the Land of Sky Blue Waters." Miller acquired the brand in 1999. Hamm’s is brewed in true family tradition using the purest water and the choicest barley malt, grain and hops. Hamm’s has a low to moderate body and bitterness and a low to moderate hoppy aroma. Hamm’s is available in select states.

yanksbr549's rating

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
yanksbr549 (5) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 5, 2012
A basic standard American beer. I found myself gettting a beer gut when I switched to this beer. Given that I would drink water before light beer, I had to slow down on the Hamm’s.

ChainGangGuy (4920) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - OCT 15, 2017
Appearance: Pours an absolutely clear, very delicate yellow body with a steadily receding, head of white, wholesome suds. Light lacing. Smell: The faint aroma carries with it the merest hints of sweet-smelling grain. Taste: Sweetish, cereal maltiness with what seems like touches of rice and corn. Not entirely without a little flourish of hops and bitterness, albeit low. Finishes drying and nicely crisp, clean. Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied. Medium-plus carbonation, giving it a nice bit of zip to it. Overall: Huh. You know, it wasn't at all what I thought it'd be (i.e., BLEAGH). In fact, it's not all that bad, particularly for the price.

huskee (1) - - SEP 21, 2017 does not count
The problem with folks rating AALs like this is they want to compare it to more flavorful thicker lagers, and therefore rate these types of beers low because they're 'weak' & 'watery'. It's not fair. This beer, for its price, wins out hands down against any of the popular AALs in its class, like Pabst, High Life, Bud, etc. Hamm's is refreshing, perfect carbonation level, sweetness and hops balanced well, and all in all a good beer for what it is. Is it a trailer park beer? Perhaps. Is it the best tasting of the cheap beers? Absolutely. But it gets my vote and ends up in my shopping cart when I'm looking for my daily drinkers and don't feel like shelling out $10+ for a sixer of a good local microbrew.

Pershing (573) - Garland, Texas, USA - SEP 12, 2017
Pours clear yellow with a lasting head and lots of visual carbonation in the form of tiny bubbles. Light malt, corn and rice aroma. Light body with an above average hop bitterness for this macro. Much better than the 3 other major macros. Makes a decent session beer. Finishes dry. Better than expected.

vintageman (1) - HAVRE DE GRACE, Maryland, USA - SEP 9, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2017 I'm old school and love this beer. The fact that it has been brewed since 1865 should say something. I raise a glass to all those who came before who thought that this beer did the job.

DiarmaidBHK (5703) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 31, 2017
Draft at the High life lounge. Pours piss yellow with a thin white head. Doesn't leave much lacing. A slight caramel malt note on the nose. Tastes of corn when it tastes of anything at all. Finished crisp and clean. Not as crap as I thought it would be.

uvajed (188) - Ravenna, Ohio, USA - AUG 30, 2017
6-pack of tallboys at Sheetz (gas station w/ food). I foolishly told the cashier she must have been wrong when she told me the price - $3.20, including tax. She was correct. This is the single cheapest six pack available here, by a whole dollar, making Hamm’s 25% cheaper than even Genesee (which I don’t mind, especially the Cream Ale), Labatt Ice, or the beast. I wasn’t sure $2.99 was even a legal price in Ohio. Anyway, this is basic, standard, old man beer, about on par with the likes of PBR, Stroh’s, Schlitz (NOT Schlitz malt liquor), Nametag/Red Oval, what have you. Yellow and a bit corny, not too sweet to be drinkable, appropriate carbonation, and just funky enough to taste like "regular" beer. Not spectacular or especially good, but unoffensive and shockingly cheap. Definitely a good value, if nothing else.

Scipio (1185) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - AUG 26, 2017
Pours a clear and weaker, macro-looking yellow with a medium white head that recedes pretty quickly. The aroma is more mild, with bread, corn, cereal, and subtle grassiness. The taste is dry, and both slightly bitter and sweet. Floral elements are most prevalent here along with barley. Lesser impressions include bread, hay, corn, and honey, with bread and barley extending into the aftertaste. Light in body and slick in texture. Very drinkable on the cheap. Not that I’d go out of my way to purchase this, but I think I’ve found my favorite macro.

HourGlass13 (1009) - North Carolina, USA - AUG 14, 2017
Pours a yellowish straw color with some white foam which disappears quickly. Has corn and metallic aroma. The flavor is pretty much the same. Light grains, corn, and some metal filings, with only a mild hop presence. Barely passable, cheap, beer.

Bricks (1144) - Delaware, USA - AUG 6, 2017
Smells neutral.. a hint of cereal grain.. Taste is hops, corn, a hint of sweetness. It is fairly inoffensive swill.

Tcc88 (5) - - JUL 29, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2017 My goto working class beer. It taste like beer and it's cheap and gets the job done. When you think beer, you should be thinking Hamms. It's beer. That's about. From the land of sky blue waters.