overall

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 2.09/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Brightly filtered, highly carbonated, golden premium-style lager. It is lightly hopped with Polish Lublin hops. The beer will appeal to those who prefer the lighter American style beers.

khayman70 (153) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - DEC 18, 2002
I was apprehensive and almost snobbish about trying this pils, but it wasn't as bad as I though it would be.

hopscotch (11175) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JAN 11, 2007
Bottle... Lightly hazy straw-colored lager with a mid-sized, fizzy, white head. Great, creamy retention. Breadsy, sweet nose and flavor with hints of butterscotch and honey. Medium-bodied with a creamy mouthfeel and soft carbonation. Sweet, yeasty finish. Not much in the way of hops, but I like all the breadsy yeastiness. Nice Polish-style lager! I’m gonna go against the grain and say if I lived in Michigan, I’d drink this beer every day other day! You see, this is the reason I keep trying all these damned pale lagers. I refuse to give up and it finally pays off!

jeremyd365 (124) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - AUG 2, 2008
Pours a clear golden, lightly carbonated, and thin. It smells pretty weak too--I can perhaps pick up some very light caramel malts. However, the taste is what keeps me from classifying this as a plain macro clone. The malt is much more discernible with the malt aftertaste also being more apparent compared with a macro lager. I tend to go for the heavier brews, but as far as "pale lagers" go, I’d much rather drink this guy. It’s got a much more satisfying flavor than the macros do.

SuIIy (1983) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - NOV 27, 2009
Bottle. Pours a clear golden yellow color with a small bright white foamy head. Nose is straw and hay with some light corn notes. Palate is full and crisp with a light fizz. Flavor of corn and hay with some nice grassy hop notes, full bodied, rather pleasant and quite flavorful. I had low expectations going in and I was pleasantly suprised.

mvp (263) - Harper Woods, Michigan, USA - JUL 29, 2006
Pleasent malty flavor. Somewhat sweet lager that’s not watered down. I got this bottle in a 12 bottle variety pack. After drinking this beer I want to go to nearby Hamtramck and try some of the Polish beers there.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - JAN 19, 2002
A pretty decent offering from the Michigan Brewing Company. Very similar to Polander or Zywiec's offering. Nice use of the Lublin hops to give this a nice, lightly bitter taste on the finish. Hamtramck is a small city next to Detroit that is famous for its Polish inhabitants. This beer supposedly sells quite well there and is making its way into stores througout Michigan. Interestingly, the Michigan Brew Co. is putting this out in 4-packs of plastic bottles. The beer tasted fine from the bottle. A nice, light offering.

jtw (1165) - farmington, Michigan, USA - AUG 23, 2008
light straw color, with a dominant bready and "lager-like" aroma. this beer belongs in a can; not bad, but it certainly doesn’t distinguish itself from any other beer in its class.

BigBeer45 (1554) - Michigan, USA - AUG 31, 2009
Has a clear straw yellow gold pour with a small wispy white head that collapses to a ring and sparse cover, mild effervescence, aromas of faint malt and grassy hops, some corn? Flavor of light malt and hop bitterness on the palate with a faint field herb flavor (from the hops?), has a thin mouth feel, ok drink.

Tmoney99 (14766) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 5, 2007
Draft at new brewpub. Poured clear amber color with an average frothy white head that mostly lasted with fair lacing. Moderate hoppy aroma. Medium body with soft carbonation. Medium biitersweet flavor with a small bitter finish of moderate duration. Drinkable basic brew.

tourette (225) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 4, 2002
Generic. But smooth, and clean. Better than Bud, but if I'm going to pay for a microbrew, I want one that tastes like something.
Earlier Rating: 9/10/2002 Total Score: 2.8
Not a bad pilsner. Mine came in a glass bottle instead of a plastic bottle. I don't know if this would affect the taste though. There isn't anything really special about this beer. Its just a well balanced, and fairly boring pilsner.