Hancock & Co Craft Brewing
Brewed at McCashin Family Brewery

Style: Brown Ale
Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 3.28/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Homemade biscuit and caramel flavours fill the palate, with subtle notes of fresh fennel and red apple. The toasty malt and hops are perfectly balanced giving a fresh bitterness to the finish. Bismark Brown Ale is what we like to think of as the United Nations of Brown Ale on the Northern English and American style with some New Zealand influence on the finish.

Most RecentTicked By

waiake (606) - Auckland, NEW ZEALAND - AUG 22, 2014
pours a deep hazy brown, malty aroma leads to vibrant flavours of hops, grain & barley with a quite bitter spicy finish

Earplay (51) - NEW ZEALAND - JUL 11, 2014
Enjoyable darker ale, good chocolate and biscuit malt coming through, subtle hop aroma. A little drier and thin bodied than I expected.

kiwianer (3428) - Otorohanga, NEW ZEALAND - FEB 13, 2014
The head is ok, the body red-brown. It smells aromatic-hoppy-grain, bit dry and flowery. The taste is grainy, barley, interesting, flowery, bit dry, flowery-bitter. OK 3.4

kiwichurchie (12) - NEW ZEALAND - JAN 9, 2014
Biscuity malt aroma, colour is amber red more than brown, some lacing and thin but lasting off white head, caramel and honey dominate flavour, good carb level, medium body, ho hum

DylansDad (642) - North Shore, Auckland, NEW ZEALAND - JUN 9, 2013
Best of the range so far, I think. The motto for this beer seems to be ’Keep it Simple’ and it really suits this simple, yet satisfying beer.

Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - DEC 5, 2012
Again, I refer to the label and I would like to point out the accuracy of the description of the flavours apparent in this beer. I doubt that I could describe this any better because upon reading this, they leapt off the palate along with cinnamon and mace. I have very little criticism to offer this beer barring that it was maybe a little watery toward the finish, but I sincerely hope that this beer is embraced by the public. Not just because of my soft spot for Brown Ale, but because it is a genuinely good sessionable beer. Good nuttiness seems the lingering flavour and who doesn’t like a mouthful of nuts? Sorry.