%>
overall
RATINGS: 89   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   IBU: 68   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Say hello to Betty IPA! She’s an American IPA boasting a blend of Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe and Centennial hops, and starting in March she’ll be the first new beer to join our year-round lineup in over 3 years! We spent 8 months perfecting this hop blend, and we love the huge range of juicy aromas and flavors we were able to hit: tropical fruit, citrus zest, berries, stone fruit and pine are all packed in, soaring over a base of pleasant bitterness and drinkable 6.5% ABV.

With Betty we had one goal: brew the modern, American IPA that we’d want to drink ourselves, every day. Each time you drank a batch of Experimental IPA in our Tasting Room you helped us build this beer, and we can’t wait for you to meet Betty.

camay1997 (73) - patton, California, USA - SEP 11, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2017 Thick white head that was short lived. The body is golden and hazy. It smells of pine hops. It doesn't have that traditional IPA aftertaste, but it's is hoppy. It has good flavors but isn't exactly what I'm looking for in an IPA. I don't like it but others might.

chadski (155) - California, USA - AUG 6, 2017
Classic IPA hoppy aroma. Huge heady pour. Subtle fruit flavor followed by piney bitterness. Impressive

ZodiacM (1260) - NETHERLANDS - JUN 18, 2017
LCI. Van de tap. Lekkere IPA, bitter en fruitig, mooie bittere afdronk. Heerlijk

DanDan_ (82) - Ontario, CANADA - JUN 13, 2017
Bottle: Poured hazy orange-amber with a nice frothy white head with good retention. Aroma is pretty true to the description, with grapefruit, pine, fruity berries, floral notes and some sweet caramel malt. Taste is moderately bitter, resinous, with some malty caramel sweetness balancing it out. Light-medium body, average carb, bitter finish. Overall: I expected a bit of a lighter hued juicy tropical IPA from the description, but I still enjoyed this one.

Zeswaft (1776) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 25, 2016
Can. I bought a six pack and drank the first two closer to room temp and thought it was decent but malt heavy. Tropical fruits but also a pound of sweetness. This one was chilled on ice. Awesome. Tones down the malt. Really brings out the tropical fruit. Excellent.

jrjal (2) - Napa, California, USA - OCT 19, 2016 does not count
Grocery store 22oz in Vacaville. I really enjoyed this IPA. Fruity and citrus flavored with a clean solid finish.

mjg74 (3156) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 28, 2016
Bottle from World Market. Good hops up front with a little breadiness. A little bit of sweetness to it. Fairly well balanced and pretty clean drinking.

thegreenrooster (4516) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - AUG 10, 2016
Pour is a hazy orange with a average white head. Aroma is a real nice tangerine and mango hoppyness wth cornucopia of other citrus fruit. Flavor is another nice blast of citrus fruit. Some grapefruit and stone fruit both make appearances. This is also a bit sweeter than I thought it would be but that doesn’t really distract from the hops. I did not know what to expect from this beer, I thought it would be just another run of the mill IPA but it turned out to be really solid.

Vaiz (4460) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - AUG 6, 2016
Bottle in Las Vegas. Clear deep golden pour, thin white head. Aroma of fruity hops, citrus, pine, resin and slightly tropical. Flavor is quite bitter, fruity and with a decent body. Nice balance.

rick_91709 (491) - USA - JUL 6, 2016
Poured from a can. Hazy orange with a long lasting head. Floral and citrus aroma. Grapefruit bitterness. Pretty good. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone